Chapter 8

RUELS POV
a tall boy, fairly muscley with brown hair and blue eyes and quite tan answered the door. He looked so much like Melissa it was weird. He looked at Melissa then looked at me and his face sort of dropped.
Jacob: "who the fuck are you" he said to me starting to get angry
Melissa: "ughhh. Jacob stop being so-"
Jacob: "so what, Melissa? I am trying to protect you."
Melissa pushes him out of the way and walks inside, she gestures me to follow so I step inside and I can tell it got on Jacobs nerves that I am taller than him haha.
Melissa shuts the door behind me before Jacob can stop her then says to me
Melissa: "let me just go get my mum, one second. Jacob don't kill him please."
I watch her run up the stairs and I smile. Jacob is silent until Melissa went into a room and couldn't hear us.
Jacob: "So what are you doing with my sister, huh?"
Ruel: "were just hanging out-" I start to explain and he interrupts me and says
Jacob: "listen to me okay. I can tell she has been crying tonight and I don't know what happened but I am telling you now. If you hurt her or treat her any less than what she deserves, I will hurt you."
Not gonna lie, he actually scares me and he is quite intimidating but I don't let it effect how much I like Melissa and I just say back to him, confidently.
Ruel: "I will never hurt her."
Jacob looks at me as if he gains some respect for me. Suddenly Melissa comes running down the stairs with a lady walking down the stairs behind her.
Melissa: "muuuuuum, this is ruel, ruel this is my mum!"
I smile at her awkwardly and say
Ruel: "nice to meet you, mrs Marshall"
Melissa's mum: "awh nice to meet you too ruel. But call me Jane!" She says as she gets to the bottom of the stairs.
Jane: "ruel, sweetie. Would you like a drink?"
Ruel: "no thanks, I'm fine."
Melissa: "mum can you sit down. There is something I want to ask you... Jacob can you go away please, I just wanna talk to mum." He looks at us suspiciously but then leaves and goes upstairs. Melissa's mum comes and sits at the dinner table next to us.
Jane: "what is is honey?"
I feel Melissa grab my hand under the table hoping her mum will let her.
Melissa: "so basically. Ruel is famous. And he is going on tour. And he asked me if I wanted to come with him. And I really want to it would be soooo much fun." She paused loads and Her mum just looks at her as if she was stupid.
Jane: "what are you aski- you want to-"
Melissa: "please mum. I know it sounds crazy but there are like 5 adults going too and I am responsible enough to take care of myself."
Jane: "when is this tour?"
Melissa: "well, they leave tomorrow night"
Jane: "Melissa. It just won't work. What about school and we don't have to money."
Melissa: "mum I would only be missing one day of school, it's spring break after Thursday." I didn't want to accidentally make things worse but I just said
Ruel: "I just wanted to say that Melissa doesn't have to pay anything, the tour company can provide for her and it won't cost us anything extra."
He mum looked at me and her for a little bit and then said.
Jane: "you really want to go, Melissa?"
Melissa: "yes yes yes!"
Jane: "alright then, you can go but as long as your back by the time school starts up again!"
She runs over to her mum and gives her a huge hug and says
Melissa: "THANK YOU MUMMMM, I LOVE YOU" then she runs back over to me excitedly and throws her arms around me.
Jane: "you two better be 'safe'. You know" she says giggling to herself.
Melissa: "MUM!" I look at her and we both start laughing.
Ruel: "hey I better go, Bates probably worried about me. I will text you a time and I will pick you up tomorrow, yeah?"
I say with a big smile.
Melissa: "I can't waitttt"
I discreetly wink at her and then she giggles and I walk out to my car.
I am soooo happy She is coming on tour with me and we get to spend this time together. She makes me so happy.

MELISSA'S POV
I can't believe my mum said yes to be honest but I am SO happy and I am so excited to properly see him preform and hopefully spend some proper time with him...
I get changed into a big T-shirt and throw my hair up and then snap him to say goodnight. (Swipe- btw ignore the tattoos cause she's meant to be 15 lol)
I can't sleep cause I'm so excited for tomorrow but I just lay there and think about how I think I am getting proper feelings for him.