Chapter 2

RUELS POV

I went into a few more shops and I'm still thinking about Melissa... She was. pretty. And she got my humour. why did I just walk out like that. I got nervous and just left ffs. *bing* My phone goes off. I take it out my pocket and look at it. It was from coco, I open it.
Coco: "they are really nice, you should get them!"
What is she talking about. Oh yeah, The shoes, I asked her what she thinks! I should go back and get them and then get Melissa's snapchat or something. I suddenly find myself quickly walking back towards the shop. As I get closer I slow down slightly and walk in as if I'm cool about it. I go up to the counter but Melissa wasn't there. I walk around the shop a little looking for her but can't find her. I see another worker so I go over to her to see if she knows where Melissa is
Ruel: "hey, do you know Melissa, She works here, do you know where I could find her?" I say awkwardly.
Ellie: "yes I know Melissa I'm her friend Ellie. And who might you be?"
Ruel: " I um- I'm Ruel but do you know where I can find Melissa?" she smiles at me knowing how desperate I'm acting.
Ellie: "her shift ended literally 10 mins ago, you just missed her" she says as she continues to hang clothes on the racks.
damn it. I missed her. Ellie stops and looks at me
Ellie: "you really want to find her, huh?"
I find my self smiling and I don't even need to answer because she knows I do.
Ellie: "she said something about picking up a package for her sister from topshop. Try in there, but hurry or you'll miss her."
Ruel : "shit. Thank youuu I owe you!" I say and run towards out the shop and over the road into topshop. I look for the pick up desk and see a girl standing there. That's her. That's Melissa. I stroll over there trying to act cool and say
Ruel: "look who's here!"
Melissa: "why are you in the girls section of topshop" she says giggling. I smile back at her cheekily.
Melissa: "oh my god we're you looking for me" she says and her face suddenly lights up.
Ruel: "guilty" I say with a grin on my face.
"Hey so.. do you want to like hang out for the rest of the day?" I say hesitantly hoping she says yes.
Melissa: "I would love to hang out haha, what are you thinking?"

MELISSA'S POV

no way. no way. no way. He just asked to hang out. I'm lowkey freaking out but I'm pretty good at playing it cool. I feel like we get along so well and I haven't even known him for long.
Ruel: "how about we go watch the new horror movie 'us'. It looks really good!"
Melissa: "oh I've seen the trailer for that, it does look quite good. Cmon then let's go."
We head down to the nearest cinema and there was a screening in 10 minutes which was lucky so we buy tickets and Ruel buys a popcorn and I get a tango ice blast. Just as I was about to pay he stops me and pays for it himself. My heart, he is so sweet. We walk into screen 8 and he holds the door open for me on the way in. How did I just meet this boy out of no where and we are getting along so well. We find our seats and sit down. All I can hear in my ear is Ruel munching on his popcorn.
Melissa: "are you doing asmr or something, shut up" I say laughing and he laughs too. The trailers begin to end and the actual film starts. I whisper to him
Melissa: "try not to be a pussy" joking because I know I'm the one that's going to be terrified. He throws popcorn at my face and we both giggling. I think to myself for a second. I am really happy, he makes me really happy.

There was a jump scare and It really made me jump. Ruel whispers in my ear
Ruel: "are you okay"
Melissa: "yeah I'm fine haha I'm just easily scared."
Suddenly I feel his hand on my thigh. I feel a swarm of butterflies in my stomach. Am I getting feelings for him... I place my hand on top of his and he moves our hands so our finders are intertwined with each other's. I place my head on his shoulder and in that exact moment I was beginning to feel something I hadn't felt before... until there was another jump scare and this time I slightly screamed
Melissa: "aGHH!"
He looks over at me and laughs then moves his arm so it's over my shoulder. He smells so good and His warmth comforts me and I don't feel so scared anymore.

RUELS POV

She's so cute, my mind is so confused right now. I'm not sure what I'm feeling but I know I like it and whatever it is I don't want to loose what we have.