Chapter 25

MELISSA'S POV

?: "yo are you M-Mel-Melissa?"
Melissa: "uhh yeah" I say hesitantly.
?: "your little boyfriend of yours. He's gonna break your heart.
Melissa: "sorry who are you?"
?: "not your business."
Okay what the fuck. This girl has just approached me, is talking about ruel and knows my name but she won't tell me hers.
Melissa: "well my relationship is not your business so bubye."
I can get an attitude when someone gets on my nerves. I'm trying to hold back because I don't want people thinking I'm a bad person.
?: "I just thought you would want to know ruels game. Guess not."
Melissa: "wait. Game? What game?"
?: "every tour, ruel finds a girl, takes her on his whole tour with him, makes her fall in love with him. Then he just runs back off to Australia and carries on his career and never speaks to them again."

Why am I even considering believing this random girl. If it was true how would she know. Besides, Ruel wouldn't do that. Right?

Melissa: "and what makes you think that?"
?: "because I'm one of the girls" she laughs acting all cocky.
Shit. What if this is actually true. What if he really will go back to aus and never speak to me again.
?: "anyways, believe me or not, it doesn't affect me. You will be the one left heartbroken. I've been there, trust me you don't want to be too."

She leaves me just stood there, shocked, rethinking almost everything. Did our relationship ever mean anything or was I just another girl he's using and will dump me when he leaves.

I'm lost in thought when my Uber pulls up next to me. I snap out of my daze and hop in. The journeys short but it feels like forever. When I finally get home I go straight up to my room and get in bed and fall straight asleep. I need a good night sleep.

I feel my eyes slowly opening from the daylight that was pouring into my room through the windows since I didn't shut my blinds. I slowly roll over and pick up my phone. 10:24am. Damn that was a good sleep. I peacefully scroll through my notifications until I come across
*imessage from Ruel*
SHIT. I felt sick to my stomach. I pretty much forgot all about last night and I am just re worried now. I cautiously opened it
Ruel: 'mornin princess, I miss you already'
I smiled at my phone just reading that.
See, if he didn't want to carry things on with me, why would he be reaching out to me and saying stuff like that. I decide to reply
Melissa: 'good morning. I need to talk to you about something. Come round later?'
He replied in seconds saying
Ruel: 'of course xx I hope everything's okay?'
Melissa: 'me too.'
I've probably worried him a bit but I'm not gonna lie and act like it will be all fun when we talk. I need to know the truth.

— 4pm —
I pretty much did nothing all day but lay around watching films in bed. I hear a knock at the door and I go and answer it. It's Ruel. He looks down at me still in pyjamas and smiles.
Melissa: "hi." I say effortless.
Ruel: "hey, you look cute." I look at him with a straight face then turn around I walk towards the living room. He comes in and follows me shutting the door behind him.

I'm not pissed at him or anything because I don't know what the full truth is. I'm just too tired to be in a good mood.

I slump down on the sofa with a blanket wrapped round me and he sits next me. It's silent for about 10 seconds until he says
Ruel: "you said you needed to talk to me. What was it about.."
I begin explaining everything to him and he is most annoyed that he left me on my own at the airport yesturday but he makes sure he reassures me all of that is a lie and I shouldn't believe it. I hear the front door open and close but I continue to say to ruel
Melissa: "i just- when she told me how you broke her heart I didn't know what to believe."
Ruel: "I promise, I would never hurt you Melissa, I-"
he gets cut off by... JACOB ( Melissa's brother if you forgot ). oh noooo.
Jacob: "tell me I didn't hear that right. Tell me you didn't hurt her."
Ruel: "no no no it's not like tha-"
Melissa: "jacob calm down it's fine, it was a misunderstanding, he didn't hurt me."
Jacob: "yeah, he better fucking not." Jacob began walking further into the room, closer to ruel. "Cause if you ever hurt her, I will find you and-"
Melissa: "oooookay that's enough of that. Thank you jacob. I love you but can you please let us talk this out."
He gave ruel a sort of death stare and slowly turned around and walked away.

I loooked over to Ruel and he was just sat there sort of in fear. He was obviously intimidated by Jacob which is odd since ruel is about 4 inches taller but I get why. I slouch down next to ruel and place my hand on his head and begin to play with his hair. He looks down at me and says
Ruel: "I love when you play with my hair."
Melissa: "I know you do." We both look at eachother smiling lots. I'm happy.
-
-
FUCKS SAKE. I HAVE TRIED TO POST THIS CHAPTER 4 TIMES THIS WEEK AND EVERY TIME IT DELETES OMG IF THIS DOESNT WORK IM-