Responsibility | Peter Quill [sibling]

*SPOILER FREE*

Requested by Melonhead15

///

Peter poked his head out of his tiny bedroom. Glancing down the hall, he saw Yondu standing at the end, holding something in the crook of his arm.

"Come here, boy," he said, "I got somethin' to show ya."

Peter stepped out into the hall, hand on his Walkman that was attached to his belt. His heavy boots weighed him down to the ground as he crossed over to the man that was raising him.

"Look here," Yondu said, bending down to show Peter what was in his arms.

Yondu's blue fingers grabbed a corner of a blanket and moved it away. The kid's eyes widened as he saw the face of a small baby.

"Is he Terran?"

"She," Yondu corrected, "is somethin' like that. Not sure exactly. Found her abandoned by her owners."

"Owners?" he asked.

"She was sold int'a slavery," he explained, eyes sad. "Figured I couldn't leave her out there all alone to starve. Plus we might need her, ya know. She's smaller than you."

Peter resisted the urge to roll his eyes. "What's her name?"

"That's for us to figure out," he said. "You like her, kid?"

"What, is she my present or something?" Peter asked tiredly.

Yondu shook his head. "No, she ain't no present. She's a little sister and your responsibility to protect. You gotta promise me that you'll take care of her."

"I promise," he said.

"Good boy. Now c'mon, we gotta make a little bed for her, then find stuff she can eat."

///

THREE YEARS LATER

"Peter! Peter, you gotta wait!"

Peter, twelve years old, rolled his eyes. All he had wanted was a moment of peace. Every minute of every day (unless the Ravagers had sent him off to go steal something) he was forced to spend time with and babysit his little "sister".

He turned around, seeing her running on skinny little legs to catch up with him. She beamed, eyes twinkling.

"Where ya going? To play?"

"No, I ain't goin' to play," he said. He started down the hallway.

"Why not?" She reached up and grabbed his hand.

"We've landed for the day, and Yondu gave me some units, so I'm gonna go spend 'em," he explained.

"I want to come!"

"Can't," he said, "you're just a baby."

"I'm not a baby!"

"Who said you were a baby?"

Peter winced as he heard Yondu's frighteningly gruff voice. He turned around, seeing ___ look up at her "father" and tattle.

"Peter said I can't go with him 'cause I'm a baby," she said.

"Ain't that right?" Yondu glared at Peter. "Boy, you know better than to take off without her." He looked at you. "Go on with him. You got your knife?"

"Yes!"

"Then go on," he said. He pointed at Peter. "She is your responsibility."

Annoyed, Peter grabbed her hand. "Come on, let's go."