Just A Few More Songs | The Guardians / Peter Quill x Gamora

* THIS CONTAINS ENDGAME SPOILERS *

Requested by -riversongs, written for Melonhead15 to make her day a little bit better <3

///

As soon as you got inside of the Milano, you stripped the weapons off of your back. Rolling your shoulders to relax your muscles, you sighed. 

"Rough fight," you said to Nebula, who hummed in agreement as she fixed her arm. 

"Ain't the smoothest one we've had," Rocket said, cracking his bones. 

"I am Groot."

"Don't start, Groot. You still have to clean your room," you said. 

"Yeah, and if you complain about it again, I'll give you something to complain about!" Rocket snapped, pointing at him. The tree rolled his eyes and walked off towards his room. 

Things had been tense since the aftermath of the snap. In your head, you'd dreamed of being reunited with your family, but it seemed like the effects of what had happened were straining everyone's relationships. 

You smiled at Drax and Mantis in passing as they boarded the ship. They returned the smile, which made you sigh in relief. At least two of them were in good moods today.  

Then you heard the voices of Gamora and Peter. The loud, bickering, obnoxious, angry voices.

"Are they arguing again?" Rocket asked from the other side of the ship. 

You looked at him and nodded, frowning to yourself. 

"Great," he muttered, getting in his seat. 

Nebula shook her head as she stomped off. "If I have to hear these idiots go off one more time-"

"At least we have Gamora back," you tried. You sat down next to Rocket and pulled your feet up on the seat.

"Eh." Rocket shrugged.

You rolled your eyes at him, shaking your head in amusement. You knew he was just joking around. Rocket had missed them just as much as you had in the five years that it was just you, him, and Nebula.

The warm feeling inside of you quickly dissipated as Gamora and Peter were now close enough so that you could hear every single word.

"Ow! How about you be careful?" 

"Me be careful? Strong words coming from the idiot that threw himself in the way of a bullet!" Gamora rose her voice.

"Yeah! To save you!" Peter exclaimed. 

"I'm not someone who needs saving!"

"You clearly did back there! The polite thing to say is thank you."

She clenched her teeth and crossed her arms. "You expect me to say thank you? You're even more dumb than I thought, Peter Quill."

"Okay!" You raised your hands up in surrender and got out of your seat. Stomping over to your two friends, you pushed them away from one another. "Both of you can knock it off before I let Rocket shoot both of you."

The two, like children, rolled their eyes, then looked away.

"Peter," you sighed, "are you really hurt?"

He touched his side and glanced away sheepishly. "A little."

"Yes, he is," Gamora said, then her tone became softer. "He jumped in front of a bullet for me. It grazed his side."