I'll Go Where You Go | Rocket Raccoon/Groot [platonic]

Melonhead15 wanted platonic rocket raccoon angst for her birthday so i am delivering it

it's very long 

enjoy

///

Rocket and his best friend, Groot, were pretty much pros at escaping prisons. And for whatever reason, people around the stupid, freaking galaxy kept freaking arresting them.

"One day, they'll learn their lesson, eh, Groot?" Rocket asked from under the controls in one of the space ships the officers use to patrol the planet. He was hijacking the space craft quickly so they could escape before the guards noticed their cells were empty. 

"I am Groot."

"No, I mean we're gonna keep teachin' 'em not to arrest us when they know we are gonna be gettin' out of here in a matter of a couple of days." Rocket shook his head as he slid into the pilot's chair and put his paws on the controls. The ship started up as he flipped a few switches. "Seriously, Groot, you need to clean the leaves out of your ears. You ain't hearin' me anymore, you overgrown weed."

"I am Groot!"

He sighed heavily. "I am not being mean to you."

"I am Groot!" 

Rocket shut the pod doors. "No I ain't!" he yelled, glaring at him. "You always do this. You always try to make me feel guilty for this. Well guess what? I have no feelings!

Groot crossed his arms. "I. Am. Groot." 

"Oh, you are so-"

"I am Groot!" 

Rocket turned around in his seat. "No, listen to me. You've been grumpy all frickin' day and I am sick of it-!" 

Suddenly, a pair of bare hands smacked against the closed door of the pod. Rocket shouted and Groot gasped, mouth dropped wide open. Quickly, Rocket grabbed the prosthetic limb that he had stolen from his cellmate and turned it on the person that was pounding on the door of the spacecraft. 

"I am Groot?" 

It was a girl. A young woman, bruised, and incredibly bloody, and in a prison uniform that was twice her size. She was panting and her eyes were wide as she said:

"Please help me."

Rocket kept his eyes on her as he slowly reached over to the door control and pulled it towards him. The door opened with a hiss and she hurried inside. He shut it fast and started up the ship. The two friends were quiet as she took a seat by Groot and breathed loudly - in and out, in and out. 

"Thank you," she whispered. 

Rocket glanced behind him. "Uh... sure. No big deal." He swallowed. "You, uh, got anywhere to go, kid?"

You shook your head. "No. Is there somewhere you guys are going?"

"I am Groot." 

You furrowed your eyebrows, not understanding what he was saying.

"Not particularly," Rocket translated. 

You nodded. "So, I guess I'll stay here with you two. I'll go where you go. Is that okay?"

Rocket looked at you. "Eh, why not? But you're gonna have to find somewhere to find new clothes and wash that blood off ya, because you look and smell disgusting." He turned back to the controls. "Makes me wanna bark," he muttered under his breath. 

You smiled. 

///

Rocket never did know why he let her in the ship. He wasn't sure what had come over him in that moment. He had never been a softie - not ever, and he sure as heck wasn't weak.