Parents | Groot/Rocket/Gamora [platonic]

happy mother's day!

///

You were fiddling around with the base of your blaster, trying to fix something that was continuously breaking inside of it. As you concentrated, you walked through the Milano. It was early in the morning. Half the crew was either asleep or lazing around, slowly getting ready for the day's events. 

You sighed, annoyed with your weapon, and smacked the bottom of the blaster. As you did that, the toe of your boot got caught on something. You tripped, stumbling forward and almost falling on your face. If it wasn't for the extremely messy table that you were able to grab, you would've. 

Looking down, you saw a huge pile of Groot's junk. And on the table, more of his junk. Toys, games, vines... it was littering the whole ship. 

"What the heck..." You shook your head and called out, "Groot? Can you come in here, please?" 

You heard him emerge from his room. He was rubbing his eyes and yawning. "I am Groot?"

"You left all of your stuff out last night," you said.

"I am Groot."

"Well, can you pick it up, please?" you asked tiredly. 

"I am Groot."

"It's okay," you sighed, "just pick it up. Nearly busted my face open trying to walk through here."

At the same moment, Rocket emerged from the bedroom he shared with Groot. His paw scratched through the fur on the left side of his face that had been pressed down from how he was laying. 

"Morning, Rocket," you said. 

"Mornin'," he muttered, voice groggy. "What'cha gettin' in trouble for already, Groot?" 

"He left all his toys and games out. I tripped over them this morning."

He nodded and rubbed his face. "How many times do I have to tell you to clean up after yourself?"

Gamora walked through, fully awake. "Like you're one to talk, Rocket. Both of you are the messiest on the ship."

"I am not," he mumbled.

"Please!" Peter emerged, pulling on a t-shirt. "Your junk is all over the place! I just walked by your room and saw a pile of weapons which I can only hope are not explosive!" 

"Why would you hope that they're not explosive?" Rocket asked. "Of course they're explosive, they're weapons. The explosive aspect of 'em is what will save our butts next time we're in a tough situation."

Peter held his arms up in surrender, his eyes wide. Gamora sighed and shook her head. "Rocket, can you go put them in a relatively safe place?"

You watched him get up and sigh. He shook his head and trudged to his room. "Rocket do this, Rocket do that." 

You looked to Groot, who had finished cleaning and was sitting in the corner, playing a game that took all of his attention and focus. "Groot." You snapped your fingers to get him to look at you. "Groot, honey, can you help him? Then you can play your game."

He sighed heavily and rolled his eyes, but he obeyed. You offered him a smile as he went, and then you started to get breakfast ready for your crew. 

"Why do you call him honey?" Peter asked, sitting down at one of the chairs that sat around the table.

You shrugged. "I don't know, I just do." 

He raised his eyebrows. "It's weird."

"How is it weird?" Gamora asked.