Alison | Peter Quill [romantic]

in my feels tonight

/ / /

You glanced up from your bowl of food as Peter plopped down in the seat beside you. The heels of his hands pressed hard against his eyes as he rubbed them tiredly.

"You okay?" you mumbled around a bite of food.

He dropped his hands. His red eyes stared at the center of the table. "Uh... no."

You swallowed your food with a gulp of ice water and then put your fork down. You reached over and placed your hand on Peter's back as he placed his elbows on the table and breathed heavily.

"What's wrong?" you asked, rubbing circles around his back.

"Uh, bad dream," he said. He leaned his face against his hand and looked at you.

"Want to talk about it?" Your voice was soft; sympathetic.

A year ago, you and Peter came back after five years of being gone. It was hard to readjust to a life that had carried on without you, but it was even harder to do it without Gamora coming back with you. It was especially hard for Peter, who had to go from being Gamora's boyfriend to being a complete stranger.

The Gamora that lived on the Milano today wasn't the same one. That Gamora was long gone. This one stuck around for Nebula only. She didn't dance. She didn't sing. She didn't joke. She didn't find Rocket's humor anything but annoying, and she was no longer your bunk mate. She was just Gamora, cold and distant, confused by the looks of people that she didn't know, but who loved her so much.

Peter's nightmares were usually about the snap, or Thanos, or Gamora. Sometimes all three.

He shook his head. "No. No talking about it today. I'm pathetic enough as it is."

"There's nothing wrong with asking for help," you reminded him. He nodded. "I mean it, Peter."

"I know you do." He smiled sadly. "What are you doing up anyway? I hate waking up and seeing you're not there. It freaks me out a little bit."

"Sorry, Pete." You moved your hand to the back of his neck and played with the curls of hair that had started to get a little long. "I didn't mean to scare you. I just couldn't sleep, got hungry, and remembered that Thor brought me some ramen from when he visited Earth last."

"Oh, yeah," Peter said, lifting his head. His tone was laced with sarcasm as he leaned away from your touch. "Earth. Where Thor got you ramen. Isn't he the greatest?"

You put your hand down on the table. Your tongue poked at the inside of your cheek as you looked at your best friend and bunk mate. "Peter Jason Quill."

He wouldn't look at you. "What, ___ ___ ____?"

You scoffed. "Don't middle and last name me, you giant turd. You are jealous."

"I am not."

"Yes you are." You put your hand on your hip. "Why are you jealous of Thor?"

"I'm just wondering how long it'll take before you start leaving me for Earth and ramen and the old reliable god of thunder."

"Peter, I'm not leaving you," you said, "but you are being a complete jerk right now."

He didn't say anything. With a scoff, you pushed your bowl of cold ramen away from you and stood up. Peter didn't look up from the center of the table, but he snatched your hand.