Family | Peter Quill [sibling]

** THIS CONTAINS NO ENDGAME SPOILERS **

Requested by marvel_fanatic13 and dedicated to Melonhead15, who has been a great best friend and a wonderful sister this week while I've been having a hard time.

///

Yondu didn't mean to pick you up when he stole Peter away from Earth. You were with your brother, your hand gripping his so tight that your arm was falling asleep, sprinting out of the hospital, tears streaking down your face. When the light started to beam Peter up, you went right with him.

You always knew that you had a different dad than Peter did, but it never mattered to you or him. "Half sibling" meant nothing to either of you. You were his little sister, and he loved you more than anything in the world. You were a spitting image of his mom. When you sang her favorite songs, you sounded just like her.

And when it came to Ego trying to use your brother as a battery, you stood by to fight with and for him. 

You stood behind your brother's chair as he held the ship steady. Rocket was firing straight at Ego's core. 

"We drill into the center, we kill him!" Peter shouted. 

You clenched your jaw, praying to yourself that it'll work. 

A voice broke through one of the radios. "C-Captain?" 

Yondu leaned over. "What is it, Kraglin?"

"Hey... remember that Ayesha chick?" 

"Yeah, why?" 

Something in your peripheral vision caught your attention. You turned and grabbed Peter's shoulder. "Guys!" you screamed. 

A fleet of ships were coming your way - ready to fire. 

The first shot hit as Peter pulled back fast. The ship rocked harshly as it got hit several more times. You gripped the back of the seat tight, looking behind you as Gamora, Drax, and the girl with the antennas fell out of the side of the ship.

Peter looked back at Rocket. "Why aren't you firing the lasers?" he asked. 

"They blew out the generator," Rocket said, getting out of his seat. "I think I packed a small detonator."

"A detonator is worthless without explosives!" Nebula shouted. 

"Well, we got these," he replied, scooping the batteries he'd stolen earlier into his hands. 

Peter reached grabbed your hand, the one that was gripping the back of his seat. You looked at him and nodded; as he got out of his seat, his hands lingered on the controls, terrified. 

"I got it, Peter," you said. "I got it - go!" You took his place, flying alongside Yondu. 

"Is that thing strong enough to kill Ego?" he asked Rocket. 

"If it is, it'll cause a chain reaction throughout his entire nervous system."

"Meaning what?"

"The entire planet will explode. We'll have to get out of here fast. I rigged a timer."

Peter and Rocket took off out of the ship. As you turned the steering quickly, you glanced at Yondu. "I'm really glad you forced me to learn how to drive a ship."

"I always wondered why you hated learnin'," he said, shaking his head. 

"Flying just isn't my thing."