Bring It On Home To Me | Peter Quill [romantic]

chris pratt is my favorite of the MCU chris trio. try to change my mind (you can't)

///

Seeing one of the deadly creatures landing on Peter stole your breath away. You raised your blaster and fired one clean shot to the head. Now lifeless, it slumped on his body.

He grunted under the weight and wiggled out from underneath it. He stood up, touching behind his ear to remove his mask.

"___?" he whispered in disbelief.

You grinned, even in the middle of a battle. Five years ago, you'd decided to go with Rocket, Groot, and Thor. You and Peter had just had a major argument right before (a fight that had long since been forgotten), and you were more on Thor's side than Gamora's on the whole "how to deal with Thanos thing".

It was the biggest mistake of your life, leaving Peter.

If you thought about it now, you thought about how you'd prefer all of your family to be together when it happened. If you fought together, maybe things would've worked out better.

You'd ended up on Wakanda, a strange, new place on Earth. Thor had failed in his quest to kill Thanos with his newly formed weapon. You, Rocket, and Groot were all scattered, defeated and tired, in the thickness of the forest.

"I am Groot..."

At the sound of Groot saying, "Dad?", your eyes had lifted up.

"No... no!" Rocket was reaching for him at the same time you were getting up.

"Groot, honey!" You grabbed Groot's hand for the shortest of seconds before he disintegrated. Staring at a pile of dust in your palm, you whispered, "Groot?"

The dust fell through your fingers.

"No," Rocket whispered.

You turned towards Rocket with wide, horrified eyes and a crushed expression. Then you were suddenly falling onto your side. You didn't need to glance down at your feet to know they were vanishing into dust just like Groot had moments before. Rocket's expression told you everything.

"Rock-" You reached for him and he grabbed you, standing over you as you fell on your back. Your chest heaved with panicked breaths.

And you gasped out, "Peter..."

It didn't feel like dying. Or not how you imagined dying, anyway.

It felt like you had passed out. Like you were taking one of those naps where there are no dreams, just a coma-like sleep where you forgot you were even alive in the first place.

And not even a moment after you fell under, your eyes were opened again. You were alive and in one peace. Groot was beside you, pulling you up by your shoulder.

"I am Groot!" he said urgently.

They need our help.

"Who?"

T'Challa, the king of Wakanda, explained it all to you. Everyrhing he heard was from a wizard. You knew better than to question things.

You followed the king and his sister and soldiers through the portal, Groot at your side.

And now, only minutes after arriving, you were standing in front of Peter, knowing that five years had gone by without you knowing. Had he known? Was he alive the whole time?

Peter was crossing over to meet you and you were taking steps to get to him faster, and he had his hands on your waist and you had your hands on his face.

"Oh God, you're here," he choked. He was crying.

You laughed breathlessly and nodded. "I'm here, Peter." Your fingers gripped onto the tufts of curls at the back of his neck for a brief moment before moving on to touch the sides of his neck.

His expression was flickering between pained and relieved. "I can't believe you're... did you... did you disappear, too?"

You nodded.

He grinned and a half son, half laugh burst from him. "I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I'm relieved you weren't alive for five years without me, baby, but man-"

"I'm relieved too," you assured him, reaching up on the toes of your boots, ready to kiss him.

"You would've found another man. You're so smokin', babe-"

Laughing, you pressed your lips to his. You kissed him for as long as you could muster, then lingered even longer. Breaking away, his hand was cupping your cheek.

A sound from the entrance of the cave made your head turn. With a gasp, you saw something appear from the shadows. It was a creature from Thanos' army; and it gave a gutted growl as it tensed and prepared to lunge at you.

A hand pressed against the center of your back, bringing you closer to him. He fired at it with his gun and when it dropped dead, smoke coming from its corpse, he looked down at you.

You looked back up at him, gripping his shoulders tightly. His eyes were soft, and you knew he loved you.

This time, it was his turn to initiate the kiss. His free hand found your face again and he closed his eyes, tilted his head, parted his lips...

And as your eyelids fluttered shut and your lips touched his, Nebula walked from one end of the cave to the other, shaking her head.

"Do we really have time for this?"