Don't Need Nobody Else | Rocket Raccoon [platonic]

Requested by Mystic_Global

///

The yellow material on your body was unflattering and uncomfortable. You tugged at the end of the shirt. It didn't fit you right.

With a gleam of dread in your eyes, you looked around the prison. Angry inmates threw things, screamed obscenities, and yelled at one person in your group - Gamora, the daughter of Thanos.

"Like I said, she's got a rep," Rocket said to Quill, the Terran guy. "A lot of prisoners here have lost their families to Ronan and his goons. She'll last a day, tops."

"The guards'll protect her, right?"

You nearly scoffed at Quill's foolishness. Rocket shook his head. "They're here to keep us from getting out. They don't care what we do to each other inside."

The daughter of Thanos spoke with no hint of wavering in her voice, "Whatever nightmares the future holds are dreams to what's behind me."

Quill ran right smack in the center of an ugly guy's chest, causing you to knock into him. You looked up at the man that was easily three feet taller than you were.

"Check out the new meat," he said, "two Terrans. I'm gonna slather you up..."

"Gross," you muttered, taking a step back as he touched Quill's face. But he made a move to grab your arm and bring you back. You reached for your weapons on your back, completely forgetting the guards had taken them.

Groot reached over you and shoved his fingers in the guy's nose. You winced as he lifted him off of the ground. The guy screamed.

"Let's make something clear!" Rocket shouted. "This one-" He pointed to Quill, "is our booty. And this one-" he paused, pointed at you, "is one of us. You want them? You go through us. Or, more accurately, we go through you."

Groot got rid of the screaming guy, leaving him curled up on the ground, holding his nose and crying. Groot then laid his hand on your shoulder.

"I am Groot?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm okay, Groot," you said.

Rocket tapped your knee. "You're good?"

You rubbed your arm where he had grabbed it, but nodded. If anything, there would be a bruise. "I'm good."

Quill stared at the three of you, wondering what kind of weird family consisted of a tree, raccoon, and a human.

//

The quarters for the men were far more crowded than the ones for women. Quill walked inside, scrunching his nose in disgust as a horrible smell reached him. Jeez, was this going to be miserable.

"You ain't separating us! You ain't-"

As Quill turned around, he saw Rocket get tossed inside. The raccoon picked himself up and started cussing, making Groot shake his head.

Frustrated and defeated, Rocket walked over to the closed door, his head turned in the direction of the women's ward.

Quill leaned over to the tree. "Who's the chick he was with?"

"I am Groot."

Crap, Peter thought. Why did he keep trying to talk to the dumb tree?

"She's my sister," Rocket said, walking away from the door.

"She's..."

"Terran? Yeah, I know. Don't be gettin' any ideas, Star-Munch."

"Star-Lord," he corrected with a mutter. "How's she your sister?"