Violent | Rocket Raccoon/Teenage Groot [platonic]

ik i write about the guardians and rocket too much but literally in my moments of peace i dream of living in space with them and away from the nightmare that is my life rn. i am so sad and empty

///

Peter and Gamora were on some kind of romantic getaway. A honeymoon, Peter had called it. Nebula was off on her own for a while. The team had about annoyed her to death. Drax was passed out on the floor, Mantis knocked out right next to him. Groot was sleeping in (like always).

It was just you and Rocket, sitting outside of the ship on some strange planet. All of the residents looked less than appealing, with dark circles under their wide eyes and coats long enough to hide a dozen knives.

"It's a freakshow here, huh?" you mumbled to Rocket, handing him one of his tools.

He scooted underneath the ship. You heard rattling from inside. "It is. You belong here. Maybe I should leave you behind?" He snickered.

"Shut up," you said, sitting with your back against the ship.

Rocket was like your brother, and he was the Guardian you'd been with the longest. He never wasted a moment to mess with you.

"What? I genuinely think you'd make a good life here!"

"You'd miss me too much."

"No I would not. You've been a pain in my rear since you were fourteen," he said. "I've already spent six years dealing with your crap. I think I deserve a break."

You gasped. "Rude!"

He snickered some more, still under the ship working.

After a beat of silence, you said, "You know, I've killed enough space-people in my life that I might actually make it. I could steal some space drugs. Sell 'em to kids."

"Do what you need to do," he said nonchalantly.

"Sell drugs to kids? Rocket-"

"Look, we ain't perfect, okay? Just keep 'em away from Groot."

You opened your mouth, a sarcastic comment on your lips-

A pair of gloved hands grabbed you. One of the hands smacked you so hard in the mouth that your teeth hurt. They clamped that hand down and muffled your cry of shock. You jerked, reaching for your dagger, and they took it and tossed it away. You were lifted off of the ground, blaster to your head, and you hadn't even gotten a glimpse of your attacker.

"Last thing we need is for him to get any worse than he already is," Rocket, still oblivious, said. "I mean, the kid is an a-hole!" He paused. "Right? ___?" He peeked out from under the ship. Ears flattening, he muttered, "Oh, crap."

Two of the other attackers (how many were there?) grabbed him and dragged him out. They left him on the ground and pointed two weird shaped guns at his head.

In a low, whispering voice, the one holding you said, "Which one of you has the units? I assume it's you-" He pushed the gun harder against your head. You winced. "And not your pet here."

"Pet?" Rocket growled.

"Easy, dog," the thing breathed. His mouth turned towards your ear. "All the units you have, girl. Give them up."

He uncovered your mouth, switching to grab your throat instead. You kept your voice steady.

"We don't have any units-"

"Don't lie..." He gripped your neck a little harder. "We know you're the Guardians of the Galaxy."

"Well then, yellow teeth, you should've known better than to call me a pet," Rocket said. "And than to try to get units from us. You know we spend as much as we make! So how about you drop her now before I rip those crusty teeth out!"

The guy hissed. "How about we kill each of you, raid your ship, steal it, then take your units then?"

"Is that... your plan?" Rocket asked. "Because it's a pretty basic plan. I thought that's what you were here to do."

"Shut up!"

You struggled to breathe. "Rocket, can you please stop messing around with the guy that is in total control of whether or not my brains get blown out?"

"You know I can't help it." He crossed his arms.

"I know," you sighed.

The whispering guy laughed in a sinister way. "Well, let's help your pet dog learn his lesson."

You closed your eyes tight and prepared for it. Would it hurt a lot, even for just a split second?

But you didn't feel anything. Except for the arms around you loosen and disappear completely.

You turned around, opening your eyes cautiously.

"I am Groot!" Groot screamed, his arm extended in a single long, skinny branch, with a pointy end. It had impaled six creatures - all looking half like lizards, half like human men - and then dropped them off his arm harshly.

You, standing next to Rocket, flinched as Groot flicked the branch, splattering magenta blood all over you, him, and the ship.

Disgusted, you looked down at your hands. "Oh..."

"That's vulgar," Rocket said. He sounded disappointed.

"It's so sticky," you said.

Rocket sighed. "Let's just hide the bodies and agree to never speak of this again."

"I am Groot!"

"Yes, we know you saved our lives. In a gross way." Rocket looked at you. "You know, we could leave him here. He'd own the place in a day."

"That's true," you replied, nodding.

"I am Groot."

"Yeah, they're teeth are really yellow. You were right, Rocket," you said.

"I usually am," he said. "I need to shower this disgusting crap off me. Also, I think it's best that we leave." He started towards the ship.

"Agreed," you said. "Come on, Groot. Oh - and thank you, by the way. I appreciate you saving me."

"I am Groot," he replied, shrugging.

"I know," you said.

"I am Groot."

"You... are so violent," you said to the tree, shaking your head. "I worry about you more than I worry about Rocket. You're getting worse than he is."

"I am Groot."

"What do you mean, it runs in the family? None of us are really related!"