Latrelle- "why are you glaring at me?"

Description: Seeing Latrelle after summer and being partnered with him in one of your classes. (Before everything went down)
Warnings:
**************
You woke to the sunshine through a tiny gap, you rubbed your face before sitting up and pushing the blanket off of your body. Today was your first day back at school and to say you were dreading it was one thing. You quickly brushed your teeth and washed you face before getting changed and heading downstairs. You walked towards the kitchen to see you mom had written a note, it just explained how she had picked up some more hours up and wouldn't be back home till later. You grabbed the money that she had left with the note shoving it in your pocket and putting the note in the bin. You checked the time on you phone seeing it was time to head out, you quickly grabbed a cereal bar and headed out the door making sure to lock up as you left. You made you way down the road passing your neighbours, you gave them a quick wave before carrying on your way. As you grew closer you started to see more kids that went to you school. You carried on your way till you heard one of the voices that you dreaded the most.
"Hand over you money" you turned to look at where the voice came from and there stood Latrelle standing in front this kid who seemed terrified. You wish you could say this is a one off but it happened daily. You stood watching as the poor kid emptied his pockets to Latrelle, he laughed handing the money to his friends behind him before scaring the kid off. He looked up meeting your gaze, you quickly averted it and headed towards the school.

You made it into the school without bumping into Latrelle, you quickly made you way to your locker placing you things inside.
"Hey y/n" you turned to face Monse as she came walking towards you.
"Hey" you smiled shutting your locker.
"You ready?" She asked.
"Oh yeah english first thing on a Monday, can't you see I'm jumping for joy" the two of you started to laugh.
"At least we're together" she crossed her arms.
"True" you replied just as the bell rang.
"Well let's go" Monse said linking arms with you. You and Monse had been friends since forever, she was the person you trusted the most but you never told her about what happened over the summer.You smiled as the two of walked towards you class making light chit chat.

As you entered the class you and Monse took two of the seats at the back. You sat talking quietly as the teacher got ready to teacher.
"Morning class, welcome to English I'm Mrs-" before she could finish she was cut off by the door opening. Like everyone in my class I turned to look at who had just entered the classroom, there was Latrelle and one of his friends. "Nice for you to join us Latrelle. Not a good impression turning up late on your first day" he just rolled his eyes. "Why don't you just take a seat" Latrelle and his friend walked to their seats sitting down. The teacher carried on speaking but your focus was on Latrelle, god his such an asshole at times you thought.
"I know it's the first day but in pairs I'm going to ask you to do a task" the students started to quickly talk deciding who to pair up with.Monse and your shared a quick glance both knowing what it means."Quiet! Don't get too excited, I'm picking the pairs" and that just killed the mood. The teacher went off to list a bunch of students off of but you weren't paying attention until she said your name.
"Y/n and Latrelle" she can't be serious you thought. You looked at the teacher then at Latrelle, who was already staring at you. She wasn't. "Hurry up" She signalled for you to move over to him. You quickly looked at Monse as you picked your things up, she gave you a sympathetic look. You quickly sat and next to him. You weren't going to speak first, you thought. Your just going to wait for the task to be handed out.

The task was fairly easy, part of you couldn't understand the need of being in pairs. When you finished you found you self glaring at Latrelle. You wanted to say that you hated him, but you didn't fully. He got under you skin unlike anyone else. You just didn't get what drew you in with him.
"Why are you glaring at me?" Latrelle asked looking up from his paper then at you. You quickly searched for the first answer that came to your mind.
"I'm hoping you'll spontaneously combust" Latrelle shook his head as small smile playing on his face.
"See I know you don't mean that" he replied with a smirk.
"Really cause I think I do" you glared even harder at him.
"That isn't what you were saying this summer" you took a deep breath in.
"Don't" you warned him while looking around the classroom.
"What are you ashamed of this summer" he placed his pen down looking you in the eyes.
"If I'm right it wasn't me that was ashamed" you tried to control the anger in your voice.
"I wasn't ashamed" Latrelle quickly replied.
"Really because that's not what it seemed like" you shot back.
"Y/n..."
"No Latrelle just drop it, what happened this summer will never happen again." Before he could reply the bell range signalling the end of class. You grabbed your things and exited the classroom before even being excused by your teacher.

****
Hope you enjoyed.
Let me know what you think
X