Oscar- ""I can't be with someone's who's in the Santos" (Part 3)

Description: part 3
Warnings:
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Are you sure about this?" my mom asked as I looked in the mirror applying lipgloss. I let out a sigh turning back to face her.
"As Camila pointed out a few months ago I've never dated anyone else" I placed the lipgloss down turning to my mom, she just smiled before turning and leaving. I shook my head giving myself a final once over. I walked out of my bedroom and towards the front door. Camila was sat in the living room, all day she had been giving me the silent treatment, my mom stood in the kitchen watching her.
"Okay I'm heading out" I grabbed my purse moving over to Camila bending down to kiss her on the cheek but she moved out the way. I took a breath in as the girl got up moving to the sofa. "Okay, Camila" I moved away from her and towards the kitchen.
"Don't worry she'll be fine" my mom smiled trying to reassure me.
"I just don't get why she's being like this" my mom shrugged. "I'll see you later" I turned and made my way to the front door pulling it open.
"See you later" my mom called as I walked out the door and then towards the stairs.

I forced a smile as the guy across me told another crappy joke, I had never been more bored in my life. I reached over grabbing my glass and swirling the liquid around before drinking it. This had been the first date I'd been on within the six years. After what Camila said to Oscar I signed up for a dating site, the biggest   mistake of my life. Most people didn't want anything serious, or they didn't want someone with a five-year-old. If I was being honest there was nothing wrong with this guy, yeah his jokes were cringe and crappy but he was a gentleman, kind and was stable to what I could tell but I just found myself bored. The conversation was boring, there was no spark, it felt more like we could be good friends nothing more.

The diner dragged, I tried my hardest to stay focus and give it my all but I just couldn't. After we both finished the waiter brought the bill.
"So we going half?" I questioned, I hoped the answer was yes.
"No, it's on me" he reached over taking the bill and getting up not allowing me to protest. Great, I slouched back into the chair picking the wine glass up swirling it again before downing the rest. I watched as other couples laughed, the sparks evident between each one. Why couldn't this date have gone like that. My gaze focused on the couple to my left, the girls hand over her mouth as her partner handed her what seemed to be a necklace, my thoughts drifting from my current situation.

"Come on just imagine it" I pulled Oscar down the beach, I turned to look at the sea before turning to look back at the boy. "Your restaurant just there" I pointed to a space just along the seafront. "A little house nearby" I took a step closer to the boy, a smile on his face. "maybe even a child" Oscar's smile faltered.
"I think your thinking too far ahead" Oscar moved my hair out of my face.
"Isn't that why you brought me here, think about our future together" The boy's hand rested on my cheek as I look up at him. "I mean moving here is what we've always talked about" Oscar didn't answer but looked down. I stood waiting for him to respond but he didn't. A few more seconds passed and my phone buzzed in my pocket. I took a step back pulling my phone out.
"Hey" I answered seeing my brother's name on the caller ID.
"I think you should stay with your mom tonight" No hello, no how are you but I wasn't that surprised, my brother was a man of very few words and it only got worse once he joined the Santos.
"Why? I was planning on staying at Oscar's" I looked over at him.
"No! Just go to mom's okay." I rolled my eyes.
"But why?" I questioned getting frustrated. Silence. "Jesus just tell me"
"It's not safe right now okay" He simply replied, no emotion.
"Oh so some gang shit"
"Y/n please just go to moms" I started to reply but my brother ended the call.
"Asshole" I slipped my phone back into my pocket.
"Everything okay?" Oscar inquired walking closer.
"Just my brother and shit with the Santos" I didn't try to hide my dislike for the Santos. Oscar stared down at the ground, I knew he didn't like the Santos. "Look let's change the subject" I walked over taking the boy's hands into mine. Oscar nodded before stepping back.
"I have something for you" I stared at the boy as he slipped a hand into his pocket and pulling out a box. "It's not much" I reached over taking the long black box and slowly opening it revealing a silver necklace with the initial O. I smiled taking the necklace out of the box before handing it to Oscar and putting the necklace on. "Like I said it's not much"
"I love it" I wrapped my arms around the boy's neck pulling him into me.

"You ready to go" I snapped back to the present, my date now stood in front of me with a smile, a handheld out. I stood up not taking his hand pulling my jacket off the back of my seat. The two of us walked through the restaurant, neither of us speaking. The fresh air was refreshing, it felt like I could finally breathe. I slowly made my way towards my car. "Sooo" The guy dragged out looking as awkward as I felt. I just stood waiting for him to carry on talking. "I feel like this..." He signalled between the two of us "It's not going to go anyway is it?" I felt bad for him, he really tried but he just wasn't...
"I'm sorry" The guy shook his head as I started to apologise.
"No, no it's fine. Even if this doesn't go somewhere romantically I think we could be good friends" I smiled at the man, I was glad he wasn't offended. "And as a friend, I think you should tell whoever it is how you feel" I furrowed my brows as the man offered one last smile and started to walk off. I pulled my keys out and unlocked my car climbing in.

I unlocked the door kicking my shoes off and making my way into my apartment.
"Mom" I called out walking towards the living room expecting to see my mom on the sofa most likely dozing off but she wasn't there in her place was Oscar.
"shhh" He held his finger to his mouth, Camila asleep on his lap. I looked from my daughter to her dad, the guy I couldn't stop thinking about all night.
"Where's my mom?" I questioned walking closer to the pair trying not to raise my voice.
"At home" Oscar replied slightly moving but trying not to wake his daughter. "Look before you get mad at her I told her to go home, that I had this" Oscar looked down at Camila.
"What are you even doing here?" I inquired crossing my arms. Oscar had looked after Camila before, in my apartment, I wouldn't allow him to take her to his.
"Your mom called me, Camila was upset" Oscar moved a strand of hair from the sleeping girls face. "She was upset about you going on a date" Oscar looked from Camila to me. I looked from him to the girl, why would she be upset? Is this why she was acting weird early? Why didn't she just tell me, I wouldn't have gone on the date.
"Why? Why was she upset?" I asked looking up at Oscar who was already staring at me. Before he could reply the girl started to shift both of us watching expecting her to wake up. "We should probably put her to bed" Oscar nodded staring to pick the girl up and standing up. Oscar carried Camila to her room slipping her into her bed pulling her blanket up. I smiled watching the interaction. Oscar stepped back looking at me. I walked forward placing a kiss on the girl's forehead before making my way out pulling the bedroom door to and making my way back to the living room.

I walked through the living room and towards the couch sitting down. How didn't I see that she was upset? I should have known. I shouldn't have gone on that stupid date. It wasn't even worth it.
"You okay?" I looked up at Oscar making his way towards me.
"No, I should have seen it. I should have known that she was upset. I shouldn't have gone on that stupid date" I huffed slouching back into the couch.
"So I'm guessing the date wasn't any good" Oscar walked over taking a seat opposite me.
"No, it wasn't" I sighed sitting back up. "I didn't even want to go on it" I stared off at an empty space.
"Then why did you?" My eyes snapping back to Oscar who was watching me.
"Because of what Camila said, that I hadn't been on a date since..." I trailed off having given myself away.
"Were you eavesdropping on our conversation?" A smirk on Oscar's face, great.
"Fine, yes. It wasn't like you guys were talking quietly" Oscar let out a laugh shaking his head.
"So you went out with this guy to what..."
"I don't know" I shrugged, I don't know why I went out with him, was it to get over Oscar, to prove so kind of point.
"If it makes you feel better I haven't dated someone since you" I looked up and over at him. Silence falling over the room, I didn't know what to say. "No one compared to you" Again I didn't know what to say. "I've spent the last six year's thinking about you, and I think you have as well" I looked down. "And I know it may seem too soon but I'd really like to take you on a date" My heart started to beat faster, the idea of dating Oscar again but I had to face the truth, he was a Santo and I wasn't going back on what I said.
"Oscar I've said it before, I can't be with someone who's in the Santos" I met the boys gaze, I expected him to look away but he didn't.
"You won't be. In one month I'll be out, me, you and Camila can move away. We can get that restaurant by the sea, the small house nearby" I stood up not believing a word that he was saying.
"Don't" I raised my hand not wanting him to build my hopes up, to build Camila's up.
"y/n I'm being serious, I'm leaving the Santos, I'm sorting everything out. I have been since I found out about Camila" He pointed towards her room. I looked up into his eyes, the determination I hadn't seen in a long time. "Give me a month and you'll see" Oscar placed his hand on my cheek "I promise" He rested his forehead against mine.

••••••••••
I'm back kinda, anyway how have you guys been?
X