Mario-"I wont, I promise" (part 2)

Requested by: _Lolli_the_pop
Description: Can Ruby keeps his promise about the kiss he witnessed. Also y/n meets Amber.
Warnings: Swearing
*****************************************
We all know sat at the table staring at the girl Mario had knocked up. I ended up being sat between her and Jasmine while Mario was opposite me. We all stared as she finished the rest of her drink making a slurping sound. Mario's gaze left her and looked at me but I refused to meet his gaze. The girl pulled the drink away with a smile.
"I'm so sorry about your recent lose" she said holding the big gulp. "My heart goes out to all of you" she signalled around the table. "And as a beneficiary of white privilege, these kinds of tragedies are, like, foreign to me. So on behalf of my people, I am sorry for keeping your people down" I looked around the table and every had different expressions on their face, I don't think anyone knew what to say or do.
"Okay, um, thank you, Amber" Geny said breaking the awkward silence. "We-we appreciate that" she had the most forced smile on her face.
"Mama, this all looks amazing" Me and Jasmine shared the same look before looking at Amber. Everyone else at the table let out a gasp and the fake smile fell off Geny's face. Mario coughed trying to get everyone's attention.
"Jamal, can you pass the bread?" Mario asked changing the subject.
"What bread? I don't have any bread" Jamal shot back.
"I know you don't, but can you pass it?" Jamal looked over at the bread before picking it up and handing it over.
"Why are you so jumpy" Jasmine said to Jamal.
"I'm not hiding anything"
"I didn't say that you were" Jasmine replied.
"Good because I'm not" I shook my head at the two of them bickering. "I'm not hiding anything hidden or found or finding anything found or hidden. I'm living my best life, out in the open. I have no secrets"
"I do" Amber spoke up grabbing everyone's attention again. "And I feel like I should clear my conscience since we're about to come in the new year, and, uh, I'm about to be the mother to a 'whitina'" she placed her hand on top of Mario's, jealousy instantly kicking in but I just had to push it down.
"A what?" Abuelita asked clearing shocked.
"A white Latina" Jasmine said more clearly. I looked down the table and saw that Mario's dad had shoved bread into his wife's mouth to stop her from exploding.
"Okay, So there were not a lot of POC in my high school, which is really such a shame because there's a lot to learn when you just break down those cultural barriers" Amber went on. "Anyway, I can't believe this is part of my personal history, but-" "Babe, right knows probably not the best time-" Mario cut her off but Ruby cut Mario off. First off Babe he literally said there was no feelings there I rolled my eyes as Ruby spoke.
"Continue" Ruby pushed Mario's head back while covering his mouth, he was completely focused on Amber. Something is seriously off with him.
"Gracias" She leant forward. "So, I had this fried and he was latino or Hispanic. Which one is it?" She looked over at Mario while playing with the end of her plate. Seriously when will this conversation just end. "Whatever. It doesn't matter. It's all the same, right, babe?" She laughed at the end. I looked over at Mario who looked like he wanted to just disappear. "Anyway, we called him 'ockie' and I thought it was short for 'octopus' because he hand an extra finger, but it wasn't about the finger. It was because every time a teacher took roll, he'd go, 'Aquí!'" Everyone let out different sounds I just shook my head in disbelief, Mario's really chooses one here. "The finger was just a coincidence. Is that effed-up?" She looked around.
"Mario" Geny said putting her sweetest voice on, which really meant you in deep shit.
"Mmm" He replied looking at his mom.
"Can you help me in the kitchen, please?" She stood up. Mario followed her.
"Oh I'm being part of this" Jasmine stood up but then stopped looking at me. "Come on" she grabbed my arm pulling me up.
"What are you doing?" I asked her. She didn't reply she just carried on pulling my arm till I stood up then forced me to go to the kitchen with her.

We walked into the kitchen to see Mario and his mom facing each other, Geny was pissed.
"Can we stay here?" Mario asked.
"Oh hell no" Jasmine intervened letting my arm go. "No ones living in sin under Geny roof" Jasmine looked Mario up and down getting all sassy.
"What she said" Geny pointed back towards Jasmine.
"So we should get married?" Mario looked between the two before looking at me, I looked away.
"No!" The two yelled at the same time.
"That bitch can't be my in-law" Jasmine quickly followed.
"Mom, can't you just look at the good in this" Mario pleaded. "There was a death in this house and I'd be bringing in a life"
"Oh, right. It's like that old saying, when God closed one door, he opens the legs of a white girl" I had to hold my laugh in, Mario looked from the pair and over at me for support, which he wasn't going to get.
"Everything okay?" Ruben asked.
"Yes" the three of them yelled.
"Jasmine, this is a family matter, so, please." Jasmine scrunched her face before reaching out to me and pulling me towards her linking our arms.
"You say that like we don't know" she said.
"Hey don't drag me into this" I tried unlinking our arms but she wouldn't budge.
"Y/n, Jasmine, close your ears, honey" Geny turned facing us. Jasmine unlinked her hand covering her eyes, Geny looked over at me waiting for me to the same, which I did I didn't want to anger her more then she was. Even with our ears covered you could still hear.
"Ever heard of a condom?" Geny took a step forward.
"Yes" I turned to see Ruby walking into the kitchen. "It's a thin runner sheath worn over the penis during intercourse. Mario didn't wear one" Ruby added. "I need water for my cotton mouth" Ruby raised a hand to his throat.
"Mom, we have nowhere to go. Ambers parents kicked her out" Mario packed on the guilt.
"You can have my room. I'll bunk with the twins" Ruby suggested to the dismay of his mom and Jasmine.
"No"
"Why?" Mario questioned.
"Because! Because...there's scientific evidence that Ruby's brain needs a room. A room to grow and heal. And because I say so!" Gent finished off. Mario looked down. I felt bad he did get himself in this mess.
"Bunk, Bu-nk, Bunk. Does that sound weird?" I looked at Ruby, this kid was way high.
"Why don't you go sit back down" I said placing my hands on his shoulders turning him around.
"I still need my water" he replied
"and I'll get it for you" I turned pushing him out so that Geny does find out.

Ruby's P.O.V
Bunk, is a really weird sound. I laughed to myself as I walked over to the table.
"You okay?" Monse whispered to me.
"Never been better" I smiled.
"I hope I didn't cause any problems with my secret" Amber said looking at us all. I don't see what everyone problem is with her.
"I forgot we were revealing secrets" I said everyone looking at me.
"What secrets do you have?" Monse looked me up and down.
"One to do with y/n and Mario"
"And what would that be?" Amber asked looking over at me.
"Before this" I signalled to the table. "I caught the two of them making out in the twins room" everyone went completely quiet.
"What?" Amber asked.
"I-caught-then-making-out" I slowed the words down for her, and just like that tears started pouring hers eyes.
"What is the problem know?" I heard my mom ask walking into the room.

Y/n P.O.V
The conversation was cut short when we heard Amber let out a cry.
"What is the problem now?" Geny asked leaving the kitchen followed by Mario, Jasmine and me.
"Why don't you ask Mario" Amber shot back. I looked over at Mario who seemed confused.
"What?" He looked at Amber.
"Well I thought we were revealing our secrets so I told her about you and y/n kissing in the twins room" Ruby shrugged like it was nothing. Geny and Jasmine turned facing the two of us and Amber stood up and moved past us and towards the bathroom.
"What is he on about?" She questioned the two of us. Mario looked at me while I looked at the ground in complete embarrassment.
"You know how you guys always joke about me and y/n well it's kind of true..." Mario trailed off facing his mom.
"Kind of?" She crossed her arms.
"We kind of had-have a thing going on" Mario corrected himself. Geny seemed even more confused. "We've never made anything official" Mario quickly added. "Can you say something" Mario looked at his mom.
"So all this time you been bringing and dating this different girls you could have been dating y/n" Mario just looked down. "You're a real dumbass"
"Yeah you are" Jasmine added. I smiled at the pair. Gent just walked off not saying another word.
"Well I didn't know this was 'tea' party" Jamal said from his seat.

****
I hoped you liked.
The first Mario one finished, I think in total there's about 3'000 words. Which I think is the most I've written.
Anyway request are open,
Feel free to message me
X