Ruby- "she writes those letters"

Requested- sad Ruby (not edited)
Description: just sadness, grab your tissues
Warnings: sadness (season 1 spoiled kinda)
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"To Ruby, mi amor, mi alma gemela,
As you know I'm not not very good with words, well speaking them, I have to write them down beforehand, I guess that's what this letter about. Ever since I met you you made me smile, how nervous you were when you first spoke to me, you made Jamal look like the bravest person on Earth. It took you two whole months to ask me out and when you did I remember thinking how can I be this lucky. How can a guy like you want to go out with someone like me, whenever these thoughts would come back up you'd always be there to reassure me that you were the lucky one, you were so wrong. Within the year that we dated you showed me what true love was, you showed me what it was like to be love unconditionally, you showed me how I deserved to be treated. You showed me how amazing life could be, whether it be big or small you taught me to enjoy everything, whether it was one of our dates or helping you babysit the twins I enjoyed every second because I was with you. You were there no matter what, no matter if I tried to push you way you were there. Which is why this is so hard, it's so hard to know that your no longer here. I can no longer go to you when I need to be comforted, or shown unconditional love. I won't get another date that's been carefully orchestrated by you, I wont get to babysit the twins with you. I know this is hard on me and it's ten times harder on your family. Most people would say that at our age you don't know what a soulmate is but I do, and it was you. So as much as it's going to hurt me to let you go I know you'll always be part of me, part of my life.  And you'll always be mi alma gemela"

I looked up from the piece of paper tears threatened to spill but I tried so hard not to, I spent the last two weeks crying, I honestly don't know how I had anymore tears left to cry. I folded the paper up and held it in my hands as I walked passed the coffin that contained my boyfriend. I couldn't bring myself to look at it knowing that I'd burst out crying, I walked with my gaze on the floor till I reached Monse and Jamal, Monse instantly put her arm around me and pulled me closer, I looked up resting my head against the shoulder. Opposite us was the Martinez family or grieve stricken, Mr Martinez and Mario on either side of Mrs Martinez who was stood crying, my heart breaking for her, I may have lost a boyfriend, someone I loved but she lost a son something that's irreplaceable. Abuelita stood at the opposite of the parents with the twins both with sad expression on there face but seemed to be keeping a strong face. The service after didn't last much longer but each minute felt like torture, I just wanted to get home and crawl under my blanket and lock out the world like I had been doing. Monse and I walked down the path, she still had her arm around my shoulder comforting me, I was so lucky to have her right now.
"Y/n" I heard someone call out, I turned to see Mrs Martinez walking towards me, her eyes bloodshot.
"Hey Mrs Martinez" I walked forward, Monse dropped her arm from around me shoulders.
"Please y/n call me Geny" even her voice sounded broken, there was a gravely sound to it, I just nodded my head. "That was lovely what you wrote"
"Thank you" tears again brimming my eyes. Without saying anything else Geny took a few steps forward and pulled me into a big hug causing me to let the tears spill. I hugged her back allowing myself to fall apart, after a few seconds like this Geny pulled away.
"We're having a family meal at six you should come, it's Ruby favourite" she stopped herself correcting herself. "It was Ruby favourite"
"Are you sure I don't want to interrupt" I really just wanted to stay in bed for the rest of the day.
"You won't be, you're family" she said rather sternly holding onto my shoulders, I nodded, Geny let go of my shoulders and turned making her way over to Mr Martinez and Mario who had been watching in the distance.
"Come one lets get you home" Monse threw who arm over my shoulder and turned my to leave, I leant into the girl as we walked.