Oscar-"Really? I didn't know that?"

Requested
Description: y/n and Oscar are at a party, when Oscar learns about one of your hidden talents.
Warnings: swearing
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Will you hurry your ass up" I turned to see Oscar enter my room and impatient look in his face.
"I could have met up with you but no you were adamant that we went together" I placed my brush down staring at my friend. Sadly that's all Oscar was to me, I wish we were more. I didn't even know if he liked me back, I mean Oscar never really put his heart out there. I also was too scared to ask him, he's my friend I don't want to ruin that, we've been friends since middle school, sadly we ended up at different high school but we we remained friends, Oscar went to Freeridge high while my parents put me into private schooling, not that it helped. Oscar rolled his eyes walking over to my bed and lying back, I shook my head grabbing my brush and carrying in with my makeup. Another half hour passed, Oscar would complain every now and then but I just brushed it off. Finally I was done I stood up and turned to face him.
"You ready?" I smiled at the boy who sat with with a really look.
"It's not like I've been waiting for you" Oscar pushed himself off the bed and made his way to the front door.
"It was worth it right" I signalled to my makeup, Oscar looked over his shoulder. He just shrugged.
"Ouch" I pretend to be fake hurt to cover the fact that I actually was.
"No-no you,you look great it's just you look amazing with our makeup" I could feel a blush creeping across my face, we made our way to the front door.
"Wow Oscar didn't think you were capable of paying me a compliment" I joked as Oscar pulled my front door open and leaving.
"I always compliment you" the both of us made our way down the path.
"I'm playing" I laughed as we walked over to his car, I made my way over to the passenger side and pulled the door open getting in. Oscar followed, as soon as he was in he started the car and pulled out the drive.
"Who's party even is it?" I asked turning to face Oscar in my seat.
"Erik's" Oscar focused on the road ahead. I nodded resting my head against the glass but still looking at Oscar, it was the simple things about him that I liked, such as driving he was always focused aware of everything, which surprised me. If we'd ever have music playing within the car Oscar would just tap his hand against the steering wheel or nod his head slightly, I'm not sure if he knew he did it but he did.

After another five minutes we pulled up near Erik's house, you couldn't get parked right outside due to other cars but we weren't parked far way. The two of us walked side by side. When we finally reached the party Oscar was welcomed by the Santos, they acknowledged me then would go to talk about something I had no idea about. Oscar would try to involve me within the conversation but there's somethings I'd not want to know especially when it came to the gangs.
"I'm going to get a drink" I smiled at Oscar standing up. He smiled back nodding his head before looking back at the Santos. I made my way into the house and over to where the drink were, I grabbed one of the unopened cans and opened it.
"Y/n, y/n y/l/n" I turned to see a girl from my old high school walking over to me.
"Melissa?" I looked her up and down, she changed since I had last seen her. The girl I knew had blonde hair but that was now replaced with dark drown hair, she had multiple tattoos on her arms as well as multiple of face piercings.
"Yeah it's been a long time" she laughed walking over and pulling me into a hug.
"Yeah it has" I pulled away again taking in her new look. "You look..." I trailed off thinking of the best way to describe her.
"Different?" She laughed as she could see me looking for a word.
"Yeah" I nodded with a smile.
"I no longer had to comply with private school uniforms or guidelines" she brought her cup to her lips and taking a drink. Out high school was really strict when it came to how we dressed and presented ourselves, an example would be if we dyed out hair we had to have an appropriate reason why we did it, even if it was a natural colour, insane I know right.
"I don't remember you complying much" I thought back to the time Melissa almost got herself expelled for giving herself a nose piercing, we were at a sleepover and she did it, I've never seen so many people freak over the sight of blood. Melissa laughed and pointed to her nose.
"I've still got it, and I pretty proud of it" she smiled. "So what about you. Did you ever carry on singing, I know you wanted to make a career out of it" I looked down with a weak smile, she was right but I never did, I barely even sang in front of anyone.
"No, no I didn't" I forced a smiled taking a drink.
"Why would you waste that, you're so talented" she went on.
"What are you talking about?" I turned to see Oscar stood behind us.
"How long have you been there?" I crossed my arms looking up at the boy.
"Since she said 'why would you waste that, you're so talented'" he pointed at Melissa. "So what are you talking about?" He looked from Melissa to me.
"We were talking about how much of a talented singer you're girlfriend is" Melissa said causing a blush to creep on my cheeks before I could correct her Oscar spoke.
"Really? I didn't know that?" He looked down at me in shake.
"It was a long time again" I brushed off like it was nothing.
"I'm not kidding when I say she was talented, she was the best" Melissa went on causing me to blush even more, a smile was in Oscars face.
"You know what I'm going to leave you two, I've got something to do" I could tell that he was up to something. Before I could stop him he'd turned and left me with Melissa.
"Your boyfriends hot" she looked at me with a serious expression.
"His not my boyfriend" I started messing with my drink in my hand.
"Shit you got married, where was my invitation" my gaze quickly shot up looking up at the girl completely taken by surprise with what the girl said.
"What? No, he's just a friend" I forced a fake smile like the words didn't hurt me.
"Bullshit, there's no way your just friends" she looked at me like I was pulling her leg. "I mean it's so obvious that you like him and that he liked you" she looked at me, again I looked down. "Y/n if I was you I'd snap him up before someone else could" she gave me a sincere smile before finishing her drink. "Now if you excuse me I'm going to dance" Melissa smiled making her way to the dance floor, I forget how fun she was.