Healing? now or never...

[lloyd]

When I arrived at the hospital that evening I saw Ruby and a little boy with her, probably 10 or 11 years old, wearing an oversized scrub, inside Harumi's room. He was standing very close to Harumi and it looked like he was talking to her. I watched them, very curious about the reason behind.

As they exited, the boy almost pumping into me. Ruby sees me and smiles, but she has tears in her eyes.

-"Hey! you are the Green Ninja" - the boy says looking up to me in surprise, I squat to be at the same high as him.

-"Indeed, I am, and you are?"

-"I am Flynn!" - as if that answered all -"Oh my world! My friends would never believe that! Today is the best day of my life, thank you so much, Doctor Ruby !"

He said all that while taking his scrubs off and placed into Ruby 's hands, and before he runs away, he throws himself on Ruby neck giving her a big hug and a kiss. And tells her:

-"when I grow up I want to be a Doctor just like you!"

Now Ruby wipes off her tears, I went back to my feet and looked at her as if

asking who is that.

-"that was Flynn" - she said, still wiping her eyes.

-"that much I heard, but who's Flynn?

-"he is Iva's friend, he is visiting her and asked me about Harumi. She has saved his life, as well as his parents, by finding them a safe way out of the collapsing building, it looks like by saving them, she ended up trapped herself" her eye was full of tears again, and so was mine. We were both silent for a couple of seconds

-"I wasn't expecting to see you here today"- I said

-"I am not really here!" She giggles "I was here only to meet the Pediatric cardiologist that is taking Iva's case. But, I met Flynn, then here I am... "

-"what is going to happen to Iva?"

-"they are transferring her upstairs, she will be there until they can operate her, she needs a heart transplant."

-"wow, is that serious then?" - she nods back - "how long until they can do that?"

-"it depends, they first need to find a donor, and then check compatibility, it can take a while."

-"Would you like to grab a drink?"

-"Yep, ops! I forgot the machine is not working today. I have asked one of the guys at the reception to get 2 hot chocolates for me from the coffee shop nearby, let me see if it is here yet. Back soon." She walks away.

[Ruby ]

It was true, the coffee machine was broken, and was also true that I asked the guys to get me a hot chocolate, and a spare cup.

I take them to my office and empty the flask into the spare cup. I add the contents of a capsule inside, mixed all together and put the lid on. My cup already has a D for Doctor, and I find funny that was an "L" in the other one I prepared to Lloyd.

I grab the scrub kit and walk back to Lloyd with the drinks in the cupholder. He was still in the same place I left him, watching Harumi.

We walked together to the coffee area, grab a seat, he was in his gi and had a bit of sand on his shoes.

-"How come you asked for 2 drinks?" - He said playfully

-"oh well, they were both for me, I don't mind to share" - I giggle, and he knows I am joking, as he points to the "L" in his cup.