Code 1: A time-critical event with immediate response required

[Cole]

-"Hey, I thought you would be hungry" - Jay brings to me a sandwich.

-"Thanks, Jay! I am famishing!" - I start eating straight away.

-"Zane told me what happened. Man, I am sorry! Poor girl! Why didn't you tell me you were going out on a date yesterday?"

-"Because it was not a date Jay, it was a climbing challenge, Kim and I are childhood friends, we lost touch for years, and we met again at her brother funeral services, so we spent some time catching up and doing what we both love doing: climbing... That is all"

-"OK, so she is not your girlfriend?"

-"No, she is more like my little sister, I feel responsible for her..." I felt a bit uncomfortable talking about Kim to Jay, so I change the subject - "Where is the doctor? I mean Ruby?"

-"Lloyd took her to Ninjago, they went to the Medical School where Kim was attacked"

-"Do you know why?"

-"Nya told me Ruby wants to speak with someone she knows to find out more about what's happened to Kimberly"

-"I supposed being a doctor she would get around easier"

-"I guess!"

Jay went very quiet, which is really unusual, he just stays there by my side watching me.

-"She is lucky to have you around you know?!." - he finally said something, looking at Kim, and taping on my shoulder before leaving the room.

-"Jay!" - he looks back at me - "Thank you!"

-"That is OK buddy! Call me if you need anything else!" - I nod to him

A few minutes later:

-"Pete, Pete, Don't go! ..Pe..."

Kim gets very agitated calling for her brother, but still unconscious. I caressed her forehand to calm her down. But suddenly she wakes up screaming, lifting her up her body from the bed.

-"NO! STOP! GET AWAY FROM ME!"

-"Shush... Kim, you are safe, it is me Cole!" - I said comforting her, and she let go her body against my chest, I wrap her in my arms. -"Don't worry, no one will harm you here".

She started crying and sobbing in my arms, I just let her cry, rocking her and stroking her hair.

-"You are safe, trust me!" - I assured her one more time - She starts to feel sick, I quickly place a bowl in her lap, and hold her hair back.

She slowly calms herself down after being sick and drop her head back into the bed, I adjust her pillow and give her a towel to clear herself.

-"Sorry! I see you were prepared for that" - She said wiping her face.

-"Your doctor told me it would happen, and also told me to make sure you drink plenty of water" - I said passing her a water bottle, she takes a sip.

-"Gosh! Am I really alive?"

-"Yes, you are! You scared the hell out of me, but you are good now." - she smiles

-"Wait, is this a hospital? And how long have I been here for?" - She said looking around and trying to get up again.

-"Hey, easy tiger!" - I held her back in bed -"No, this is my home, I mean The Ninja headquarters, we live here. You are here for just over 14 hours now." - I said looking at my watch.

-"wow, do you guys have an emergency theatre?"

-"Well, sometimes we can get hurt you know."

-"I see, and when you said Doctor, do you actually mean a real Doctor, or someone with power like yourselves."

-"You were quite lucky, there was a real doctor here last night."

-"And you said 14 hours" - she said that lifting her top, exposing her abdomen, examining where she was stabbed with a dagger. -"how that is even possible? I am completely healed"

-"I know, I was surprised too, the doctor looking after you is the Wolf, she has powers, she can heal."

-"Wolf, you said?"

-"Yes, I learned that yesterday, she is dating Lloyd, the green ninja."

-"Wasn't him with that Princess, the one in hospital, what is her name?"

-"Princess Harumi, she died, more or less the same time as Pete, but they were not together."

-"His face waiting outside of the ICU where she was would tell otherwise."

-"Have you met Lloyd in the hospital where Harumi was?"

-"Have I met Him? Not exactly. Part of my job at the medical school is, I mean, it was to accompany my..." - she hesitated as if she doesn't want to talk about, but she carries on - "my course supervisor in hospital visits, whenever his senior opinion is requested, on that day, the doctor responsible for the princess has requested his visit, and I was there to take notes for his report."

-"Well, in that case, you actually know your doctor, Ruby, she was Harumi doctor, and that's how Lloyd and her end up together."

-"Are you talking about Doctor Okami?! Did She heal me?! And you are telling me she is The Wolf? Is your friend Lloyd the Dragon by any chance? Where are they now?"

-"Hey, calm down! - They went to the Medical School to try to talk to someone she knows to find out more about what happened to you yesterday. How do you know about the Dragon anyway?"

-"OH, MY WORLD! - They are in danger Cole! Big time Danger!"

-"What do you mean?"

-"I meant what I said, they are walking into a trap, OH FUCK!! It is all my fault". She burst into tears again.

-"Kim, calm down, please! Why do you think that, wait! Is that anything to do with you been attacked yesterday?"

She still crying nodding her head to me.

-"OK! Please, tell me everything you know"

-"I can do better, please give me your tablet?" - I was listening to music and left my tablet at the chair beside, where she was pointing to.

I gave her my tablet, she signed into her cloud storage and put a video on for me to watch.

(AN. The video Cole is watching is described in Chapter 22 - Darkness, Shadows and Daggers.)

I watched the video in astonishment when it finished I return a bit and paused into the face of the tall middle age man. I showed him to Kim.

-"This is the man who attacked you, isn't him?"

Her tears streaming on her face, she nodded, I felt for her, bringing her close to my chest again.

-"Who is him?"

-"Professor Oliver Grey, my Neuroscience degree supervisor, allegedly, Doctor Okami's good friend."

-"Yesterday was not the first time he has hurt you, was it?."

-"No" - she shakes her head, crying even more.

-"And he is in charge of capturing the Wolf and the Dragon for his Master, who is an Oni, and I have reasons to believe he is also an Oni. You are right they are in danger! I need to get the Ninja together, can you come with me?"

-"I think I can." - I helped Kim to stand and supported her as we walked, she is all good, but still a bit dizzy. I called Pixal:

-"Pixal, can you hear me?"

-"Yes, Master Cole!"

-"Who is in the monastery right now?"

-"Everyone, but Lloyd! Why?"

-"I need the team together in the meeting room, Code 1."

-"Cole, are you sure, Code 1?"

-"Yes, The Oni are back in Ninjago, The Green Ninja and The Wolf are walking into a trap."

-"Copy that. I will get the Ninja"