Surprise! - Meeting the second guardian

[Time Skip]

[Ruby]

I had accepted the job at Ninjago Medical School after I brought Iva back to life, I took on board what Lloyd told me. It is far too tempting and dangerous to have all this power in an emergency theatre, and if I misuse the Wolf healing hands, it can lead to unexpected consequences.

By doing so, I have to say goodbye to the Hospital and my emergency team; And boarding into this 6 months working on my dissertation to defend my PhD. I am already the titular of the position, but I can only start teaching once I finish.

Kim is helping me a lot, I have invited her to go back to the Medical school with me, and take her place back as the Professor assistant, my assistant now. She told me she will think about, she has been very committed with her Ninja training and she a bit afraid she wouldn't be able to do both, I do, however, believe she can, but I will let her decide, we still have time.

This week I spent the last 2 days in my flat in Ninjago city, It was easy to go to the hospital from there,  and I had a chance to sort out my things, as well as having a chance to thank everyone for all their amazing work, I had a small going-away party last night, I will miss all of them, especially Tom, he has been covering for me so many times. I suggested the hospital administration consider him as my replacement as he has just finished his residence.

Lloyd has travelled in a mission yesterday, he should be back this afternoon so we can spend time together, I really miss him.

It is my birthday, but I thought nobody knew it. I told Lloyd a while ago, but I assumed he had forgotten, as he hasn't mentioned anything. He picked me up at 15:30, and didn't stop making me questions about my last day in the hospital all the way back to the monastery.

Therefore, when we arrived to find everyone there to celebrate my birthday I was completely taken by surprise, I should have seen it coming, he has been avoiding me I know, and this mission he had to suddenly go was strange, sure, he didn't want me to read his thoughts and find out what he was up to.

I didn't know what to say or do, I never had a surprise party before, actually, I never had birthday parties, only at home with mom and dad, and Mistake always had a little cake for me the time I lived with her.

I throw myself in Lloyd's arms, he lifted me holding me tight, all the other joined us in a group hug, and I have to be honest I felt so loved, as I haven't felt for a long time.

I was still thanking everyone and open my presents when this beautiful young woman walked in, she smiles at me, and as soon as she does I recognised her.

-"Sorry, I am late! " - She tells me giving me her best hug ever, she handles me a big present box with a bow at the top.

-"Got yourself a new form?" - I asked her.

-"Yep! Why not? Why is everyone looking at me like that?"

-"Guys! It is Mistake!" - I said to the others, everyone gasp...

-"Well, I thought as the old lady is considered to be dead, I will take her place and pass as her niece, call me Antonia for now on."

-"You still an old lady Mistake!" - Master Wu tells her, giving her a big hug.

-"Ah, but I look much better than you old man!"

-"It is nice to see you again, old friend!" - Misako gives her a hug.

-"What is this?" - I asked her referring to the box she just gave me, untying the bow and have a peeping inside.

-"Your present, open it! It is a special birthday, after all, you might want to pop it on." - she explained dragging me away from the others.