The return of the crazy old Lady

[Lloyd]

-"You are far too quiet, Ruby Red! What's bothering you?" - I asked Ruby once we are alone in the car.

Since she walked away from the Professor's Office she is a bit distant and lost in her own thoughts, I wish I could read her mind. She rests her hand on the back of my neck and gently wraps her fingers in my hair, that small connection between us is enough to make her eyes glow.

-"I am overwhelmed with the question I was asked when I stay behind with Chancellor Chan and Professor Ito."

-"Do you want to tell me?"

-"They asked me to take on Grey's place and become a Professor for the Neuroscience College."

-"Wow! That is big, no?"

-"Yes, it is, that is why I am a bit out of words right now."

-"Still, not as big as been told you are 1⁄2 of a god and need to find your other half in order to save the entire universe... And haven't you been doing that pretty well so far?"

-"Truth!" - she giggles a bit and smiles for me. -"You have a very clever way to put things into perspective Lloyd Garmadon."

-"Am I hearing that from the youngest doctor Ninjago ever had?"

-"Yes, you are, mister smarty panties..."

-"Hey!!!"

We carried on making jokes and laughing at ourselves, as we do, while I drove through the streets of Ninjago, but then.

-"Lloyd, Stop the car!" - I braked hard to Ruby warning.

-"What happened Red?" - I couldn't understand why she asked me to stop so sudden.

-"Didn't you see it?"

-"See what?"

-"Something or someone just crossed in front of the car. And went towards there..." she points her finger to our right, she could definitely see something I couldn't, I turned the car and drive slowly towards where she had pointed, instinctively we hold hands.

-"Can you still see it?"

-"Yes, it is going to Mistake's Tea shop."

-"But it has been closed for months now" - I look at Ruby and she was glowing, and her eyes are full of light.

-"I know, let's go and check it."

We left the car and walked towards the door, Ruby grabbed a key from her purse, and open the door, she has to force the door open over a pile of papers and lifts blocking it.

-"That tells me she hasn't come back." - she holds to my hand again.

-"Ruby, we don't exactly know what we will find here, please stay behind me!"

-"My dear Dragon, we both know we stronger side by side, however, we have no reason to fear, it is a friend, not a foe" - I heard Ruby speaking but I know it is the Lupa.

I heard a noise, and stay alert despise what the Lupa said, she smiles at me and carried on walking towards where the noise was coming, I stay by her side holding to her hand.

-"Misty! It is me, Come here!" - Mistake's pet rat runs out of nowhere in our direction, and Ruby opens a rift just between the rat and us, and as it goes through it, it shapeshifts into an Oni. For a second I thought I would have to protect Ruby from an imminent attack, but I soon realised it was Mistake.

-"Why did it take you so long Lupa?" - Mistake shouts at Ruby .

-"It is nice to see you too, old Lady!" - Ruby replies, she let go of my hand and throw herself into Mistake's arms, but as soon as we disconnect, Ruby goes pale and unsteady.