Between life and death

[Pixal]

-"Yes Master Cole, what's happening?" - I answered Cole distress call.

-"Pixal, I am approaching the monastery with someone badly hurt, she has been attacked by this mysterious man, she is in bad shape."

-"Ok, bring her in, Zane will meet you in the courtyard."

-"Thanks, Pix!"

-"Zane, Cole is about to land, he is bringing in an injury girl, would you please meet him at courtyard? I am preparing for the emergency room."

-"Copy that Pixal"

-"What is happening?" - Misako asked

-"You better come too, we might need you. Cole is bringing in his friend, she is badly injured"

I prepare the room, and as Cole approach carrying her in his arms and Zane shared his scam with me, I realise how serious it was.

-"Cole why you didn't take her to a hospital? I am not sure we have all the resource we will need."

-"She asked me not to do it, she believes she wouldn't be saved, as her attacker have access to hospitals and she believes he wants to kill her."

-"Did you see the attacker?" - Zane asked him

-"Yes, I fought him, he has powers, and he was able to absorb my earth punch, also he vanished in fine air when I was about to get him down."

-"Do you mean like an Oni?"

-"Like an Oni, but looks nothing like one, he looks human."

-"Oni are shapeshifters Cole, they can look like anything they want." - Misako reminds him.

-"What is her name?" - I asked Cole, as he places her at the bed.

-"Kim... Kimberly."- he stays beside her holding to her hand.

-"Misako, do you think Ruby can help us, we have never deal with this level of injury before?" - I asked Misako

-"I don't see why not, I will ask her."

-"Who is Ruby?" - Cole hasn't been home all day, and he missed all the latest event...

-"Ruby is Lloyd's girlfriend." - I answer him while I clean Kimberly's wounds.

-"What? since when Lloyd has a girlfriend?"

-"Since this morning." - Zane answered.

-"Is she the doctor?"- he asked with a smile.

-"Yes, did you know Lloyd was going out with her?"

-"Well, I kind of sensed he would... eventually...." - he stops talking as we heard steps coming into the room, Misako and Ruby.

-"Oh, my world! - That is Kimberly! What's happened to her?" - Ruby looks apprehensive as she exams the wound in the abdomen, straightway she rollover she sleeves and looks around for equipment.

-"Do you know her?" - Cole asked Ruby

-"Yes, I do!" - she answer without getting distracted, washing her hands and turning to me -" You guys have a very impressive theatre. I need gloves please, and have you got an instrument table?" - She uses all the proper terms what is quite strange for the rest, apart of me and Zane. I pass her a pair of gloves and move the instrument table near to her reach.

-"Zane, have you got scams yet?"

-"Yes I will send to the screen for you"

-"Pixal, have you inject any medication on her?" - Ruby asked me noticing I already have put a drip on Kimberly.