The heart of The Quiet One

[Ruby] Back to the hospital.

We finished our dinner and just stayed in the table chatting with Kai and Skylor. Kai was asking me a lot of questions about the Oni.

-"so, are you telling me not every Oni are evil?"

-"yes, correct. Not every Dragon are good either. The power can corrupt a soul, in essence, all creatures are meant to be good, but they all have free will to determine their path in life. It is a fact however, evil will bring more evil, as good, will also bring more good..."

We were suddenly interrupted by my mobile, I check and see a hospital call from the emergency number. As I am on leave, they are not supposed to call me unless there is a high-level emergency.

-"that is odd, Sorry guys! I better answer this" - I said walking away from the table, I felt Lloyd's eyes following me.

-"Doctor Okami speaking" - I answered the phone

-"Ruby

, it is Tom, I am really sorry to use this line to contact you, but we have been treating Iva here, she is having a rejection, I am not sure she will make it, I thought you would like to know."

-"Is Doctor Moor there?"

-"he is on his way, but I don't think he will be in time, she is in the final stage"

-"I am on my way too, thanks for letting me know Tom."

-"sorry guys!" - I apologised to Kai and Sky, holding to Lloyd's hand and pulling him with me -"please follow me, I need you" - we walked out of the noodle shop.

-"Hey, What has happened?"

-"Iva is about to die, of transplant rejection, I am not going to let her go"

I just open a rift and walked in with Lloyd, exiting in my office in the hospital.

-"I didn't know you could do this? Is it another one of the Lupa's powers?".

-"that is actually one of the Dragon's powers."

I quickly put my lab coat and walked away from my office towards the emergency theatre. Lloyd followed me.

-"Ruby!" - Tom saw me -"I wasn't expecting you to be here that quick!" - he watched with curiosity the fact that Lloyd was following me, but said nothing.

-"I was nearby" - I left Lloyd behind and walk ahead with Tom. -"is her family here?"

-"her mother and the little boy Flynn are at the waiting room"

We entered the theatre together leaving Lloyd behind. It was only Tom and I, they very much have given up on Iva, as the infection was already out of control, and was just a matter of make her comfortable to die. But, I am determined to not let her go. Not today.

-"Listening Tom, I can save her, but I need you to keep it a secret" - he looks at me with a puzzled face as if I'm going crazy myself.

-"Ruby ... sorry, I don't understand."

-"please just promise me you wouldn't tell anyone what you are about to see."

-"if that means saving a life, I promise."

-"I need Lloyd here with me" - Tom gets even more confused, as I open the door and asked Lloyd to come in.

-"How bad is she?" Lloyd asked me.

-"bad enough, only the Lupa can save her now".

-"Ruby, are you sure? What about..." - I know he means Tom.