Some Die, Some Live...

Back to the Hospital [Ruby ]

Two hours after I Left the hospital, I wake in my living room floor, feeling so much pain in my left wrist, it was bruised all over, and the left-hand palm was still sustained a painful burned path.

I applied an ointment and wrap a bandage on my hand and went to bed, only to be awake by my work phone at 4:45 am. Hospital emergency!

—-

5:00 am

[lloyd]

-"Lloyd, Lloyd! Wake!" - I wake drowsy to find Pixal calling me, Zane was just beside her.

-"what is wrong Pix?"

-"your phone has been calling for exactly 11 minutes, I intercept the caller, is the hospital number, I thought it might be something about..."

-"Harumi" - I jump out of bed, getting myself dressed as quickly as possible.

-"Lloyd, we will take you there," Zane announce

-"No need Zane" - I try to walk away by myself, but Zane holds to my shoulder.

-"Lloyd, I didn't ask, I am telling you, we are taking you there."

I know how much they care for me

-"Thank you," I said to both of them

[Ruby ]

5:10 am

I go back to the reception

-"Have you managed to speak to Lloyd Garmadon yet?" - I asked the girl behind the desk.

-"He is not answering"

-"Please, carry on trying." -

As I walked back to the room, I see a familiar face

-"Kimberly?" - she turned to me -"what are you doing here?"- she looks so distressed as if she has been crying for hours.

-"hi Doctor Okami, I was on the oncology ward, my little brother, he has passed away."

-"Oh, Kimberly! I am really sorry to hear that. Anything I can do to help you?"

-"No, thank you for asking. " She walked away.

[Lloyd]

I walked in the hospital corridor, Zane and Pixal following me. Ruby is inside the room with another 3 people, they are all very busy, Ruby sees me, and come out.

-"Lloyd!" - Ruby approaches me, she paused, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath. -"I am sorry, we have lost her. We have tried everything we can, she is not responding. Her is brain dead" - I don't say anything...

Zane places his hand on my shoulder, and Pix give me hug.

-"What is next?" - I asked Ruby

-"I need another senior doctor to validate my diagnostic until there you can have some time with her if you wish."

-"Thanks!" - I realised I haven't introduced Zane or Pixal -"Sorry Ruby, this is Zane and Pixal, my Ninja family."

-"Nice to meet you Master of Ice, and new Samurai X!" - Ruby managed to bring a smile to my face, I guessed she has learned that from the plasters.

-"It's very nice to meet you too, Doctor Okami." Zane and Pixal reply.

-"Doctor Okami, if you allowed me, I would like to scam Harumi, I am aware I wouldn't be able to validate you professional diagnostic, but I can make clear to understand the final outcome."