Romance or Friendship?

[Kim]

My first sunrise exercise was quite an event, Cole was the best teacher ever, and he explained exactly what I was supposed to, when and where, he is so patient and calm, he definitely has that from his mom,  and I felt confident enough to try the boarding all by myself

It is true I have done snowboarding and skating board for a few years on my teens, however, it was nice to have him just by my side even holding to my hand when I felt a bit insecure.

The climb back was the easy part for us, though he made sure to stay just below me all the time just in case. Now I see how he becomes so good on free climbing. The final part we had to take the stairs, and we arrive together with the nindroids.

At the courtyard, Sensei Wu was already given the other instruction for sparring. As soon as he sees me, he gives a welcome smile.

-"I am glad you made Kimberly, and I see you have managed to do entire the way all by yourself, very good for your first time."

-"Thank you Sensei." I bow to him.

-"Cole, you teach Kimberly the basics, make sure you explore her strengths."

-"Yes Sensei!" - he bows to Sensei and then turns to me. 

He teaches me the movements and their respective names, we did not spar as the others were doing, instead, it was almost like we were dancing, as he moves I copy him in almost perfect sync.

-"This is just like dancing" - I said to him, following his moves.

-"Yes, it is, I have always thought that as well!"

-"It is only missing the music!"

-"Agree... In fact, I normally do that with my headphones on."

-"That would work!!"

After we finished, we all gathering in the kitchen were Skylor and Kai were making a full English breakfast for everyone. The smell was amazing, and after all the exercise, everyone's appetite was insane.

-"So, how did you find it?" - I asked Ruby, sitting by her side in the table.

-"That was amazing, though 'Greenie' here carried me 3/4 of the way...."

-"More like 4/5,  don't you think Red?" - he wraps her in his arms, while he speaks.

-"OK, ok... 4/5!" - Ruby kissed his cheek "My hero!" - He blushed. I kept observing them finding their dynamic very entertaining to watch.

Doctor Ruby Okami is a legend at Ninjago medical school, she holds the record of the youngest doctor, she became a bachelor's degree holder in Biology when she was only 13. Four years later she earned her medical degree from Ninjago Medical School, making her the Ninjago's youngest doctor at the tender age of 17, by 19 she finished her master degree in Neuroscience, specialised in Neurosurgery, and become the second-best in her field, just after Grey, and maybe this was only because she had always considered him as her mentor. She is the female doctor every girl aspires to be like, and every boy wishes they could date with.

She every so often would be a special guest for lectures and seminaries, and listen to her was always inspiring. I remember the first time I saw her speaking in one of Grey's lectures, I could never tell she is 2 years younger than me, her personality is huge and overshadows anyone around her, what is quite a contrast to her petite frame, it was in one of her speeches I made the decision of joining the neuroscience program.

Yet, right now sitting at the table with us, comfortable wrapped into her boyfriend's arms, and laughing aloud of the ninja's jokes, so spontaneously, she is kind of cute, her petite frame, and her long loose hair shaping around her pale face making she looks just like a teen girl, and Lloyd's pet name for her fits really well.