3

Text message:

Chris:
Hey, I was wondering if you're free today?

Ella:
Not sure, why?

Chris:
I'm in the area and wanted to take you out for dinner? You don't have to if you don't want to.

Ella:
Let me check my schedule for today. My boss has me running around again.

Chris:
Do you want me to talk to him?

Ella:
Who, my boss? That's insanely nice of you but it's okay haha. I should be free around 4-5. Is that okay with you?

Chris:
Perfect. I'll pick you up in front of your work?

Ella:
Sounds good, see you tonight x

Chris:
See you tonight :)

***

Upon finishing up her conversation with Chris, Ella began to panic. She didn't have a change of clothes and she certainly didn't want to go out with Chris in her work clothes. Yes he's seen her in them before but Ella wasn't sure if this would be considered a date or not and she didn't want to show up in a pantsuit. Luckily her boss had asked her to go out and run some errands, so Ella quickly went down to see Jared.

"Jared, I need your help!"

"What's wrong? Oh no you blew it with Chris didn't you? Ella seriously?! You had one job"

"Wow nice to see how much confidence you have in my social skills with boys. Chris asked me out and I don't have an outfit. He's picking me up at Golden Empire Inc but I don't have a change of clothes and I can't go back home because it's a thirty minute drive"

"Say no more! I've waited for this moment my whole life" Jared says as he walks into the back room. He emerges shortly after with a bag. Ella furrowed her eyebrows in confusion but Jared brushed her off and smiled. "Here. Everything you need for a short notice date are in this bag. Outfit, makeup, jewelry , you name it"

"Should I be flattered or weirded out that you had this prepared"

"Hey, you've been off the market for years and suddenly Chris Evans asks you out? You can bet your life that I have an emergency date bag for you!"

"I'm starting to think that watching the Bachelor with you wasn't such a good idea"

"You're right. It wasn't a good idea. It was a perfect idea. Now go! You'll thank me later" Jared called out as Ella laughed, opening the café door. She walked next door and opened the door to the men's clothing store. Her boss had asked her to pick up some samples for their summer collection. Golden Empire Inc was a company that designed clothes for men and women for every and all occasions.

She sighed as she went to the back cash register. Politely she asked the man working there to retrieve the samples they had ordered. He quickly returned with the samples and sent her a small smile as she swiped her credit card in the machine. A bill began to print itself out and the cashier ripped it out and handed it to her. She thanked him before heading over to the bookstore a couple blocks down. She thought that if Mr.Pierce had her running all over town than she deserved to treat herself out. The bell above the door chimed as she walked into the quiet bookstore.

Ella took a deep breath in and sighed as the smell of fresh books entered her nose. She walked over to the right side of the store as she sorted through the books. She almost always found a book every time she came here, but so far she found no luck. She sighed in frustration as she exited the bookstore. Looking at the time she panicked. She had gone past the allotted time Mr.Pierce had given her. She took off in a sprint, picking up her pace as the time on her phone continued to pass.