33

>>>>

>>>>

"What did he say?" Sebastian asked Ella as he held his face in his hands. "Not much. It's been three days since she filed for divorce and he hasn't moved from his bed. He doesn't want to eat. He refuses to go out. I love him to death but I just don't know what to do anymore. It breaks my heart to see him like this" Ella sighs as she massages her temples.

"Has he done any paperwork for it?". Ella looks up at Sebastian and sighs again. The past couple of days have been hard for Anthony but it hasn't been easy for them either. "She mailed over the paperwork but he hasn't opened it yet. I tried to get him to sign the forms but he won't budge. I'm gonna go try again"

"Okay, I'll order us some food. Does Chinese food sound good?" Sebastian asks her as he flips through the many fast food pamphlets. "Do you know who you're talking to?" Ella laughs. "Right" Sebastian laughs as he picks up his phone, dialling the restaurants number.

Ella picked up the boys' clothes that they left scattered around the house as she made her way to Anthony's room. She didn't bother knocking, knowing he wouldn't answer. She walked in and closed the door behind her. "Hey Mackie. We're ordering Chinese food" Ella said gently as she cleaned up his room. She placed his dirty clothes in the hamper as she moved to his drawers, neatly placing his newly washed clothes inside.

"I'm not hungry" he mumbled as he turned to look away from her. "Anthony" Ella sighed. "Listen, I know it's hard but you can't throw away your life. We're all here for you. We're here to help you and support you. We love you more than you'll ever know. Please, just sign the papers" Ella sat next to him. She spoke to him in a gentle and soft tone. Anthony finally made eye contact with her, his eyes bloodshot. Tears began to well up in his eyes as he played with his fingers. "I can't" he whispered, the tears forming in his eyes finally breaking free, running down his face. "Why not?"

"Because if I do it'll make all of this real. It'll make it official. I can't sign those papers, Ella. It hurts too much" he cried. "Anthony, I can't imagine the pain you're going through right now, but you have to sign those papers. It may not be easy but I'll be right here with you. You don't have to do this alone because you're not alone. I'm not going to sugarcoat this and tell you that the road to recovery is going to be easy, because it won't , but overtime it'll get better and you'll become stronger than you already are now. So please, sign the papers and put an end to your suffering so you can move on and heal"

They sat in silence for a good ten minutes before Anthony got up from his bed and made his way over to the folder. He picked it up and brought it back to his bed as he opened it. He took a sharp breath as he read through the forms carefully. He reached the bottom of the page as the haunting black signature line stared at him. His hand shook as he held the pen, inching closer and closer to the line. "I can't do it" he whispered to Ella. She grabbed his hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze, "Yes you can, I'm right here with you, you can do this"

Anthony took one final breath as he let the pen slide over the line, imprinting his signature, confirming his divorce. He signed a few more pages before closing the folder and handing it to Ella. "It's really over" he said aloud, shaking his head in disbelief. "I can't believe it's really over. All those years, all that love, and for what?"

"I know Mackie, but as hard as it is to hear it, there's nothing you can do about it now. She made her decision. All you can do now is mend yourself back together and move on as best as you possibly can. We're all here for you, okay? Now I'm going to go mail this and by the time I get back I want you to be in the shower. I love you but you stink"

"I do not!" Anthony said offended. "Yes, you do. You haven't showered and you've been in the same clothes for three days now. Once you're done your shower you can put on your fresh and clean pyjamas that I put in the bathroom for you. We're all wearing our pyjamas because why not?"

"You're something else, you know that?"

"So I've been told. Now do what I told you to do, please, and you're eating with us tonight. I'm lacking my daily dose of Mackie and I want my best friend back" Ella said as she hugged him. He hugged her back tightly as he rested his head on her shoulder. "Thank you for everything, really. Nothing I say or do will ever justify how incredibly grateful I am to have you in my life. You've done so much for me the past few days and you're truly amazing. Thank you so much, Ella" Anthony said as he began to tear up again.

"I love you Mackie"

"I love you too Ella bear. You're family, always"

***

"The food is here!" Sebastian called out as he placed the bags of food on the table. Multiple footsteps were heard as Ella and Chris emerged from the hallway. "He's not coming out is he?" the boys sighed. Ella stood leaning against the wall, a small smile on her face. "Why are you smiling like that?" Chris questioned her suspiciously. Ella moved to the side as Anthony came into view. He sent the boys a nod as he gave Ella another hug.

Both Sebastian and Chris stood there, stunned, before coming to their senses and running up to their best friend. They engulfed him into a hug as they spoke to him, their words muffled as Ella took a seat at the kitchen island.

"It's so good to see you Mackie. We missed you" Chris said as he hugged him again. Sebastian moved to the side as he looked at Anthony. Tears built up in his eyes as he looked at him. "Seb? What's wrong?" Ella asked worriedly. "Nothing, I'm just happy" he says as he looks at Anthony.

"Oh you big sap, come here" Anthony says as he opens his arms wide so Sebastian could hug him. They stood there up until Chris cleared his throat. "The food is going to get cold"

"Food" Anthony said as he eyed the Chinese food lovingly. Just then his stomach rumbled. Ella laughed as she filled up a plate for him, scooting over so he could sit next to her. "We're glad to have you back, Mackie".