66

>>>>

>>>>

*two and a half months later*

It was around three in the morning when I felt intense pain shoot through my body. I abruptly woke up and slowly got out of bed, not wanting to wake up Chris. I walk into the bathroom, wincing as the pain intensified. I look at myself in the mirror, beads of sweat prominent on my face.

I had thought that the babies were just kicking again but the moment I felt something trickle down my leg I knew that it wasn't the babies kicking, but rather that my water had just broke. I curse under my breath as another contraction hits. I start to time my contractions as they intensify and grow closer together, "Chris! Chris, get up!", I scream in pain as I sit on the floor. I close my eyes as I hold my stomach in pain. I hear Chris running into the bathroom as he kneels down next to me, "Hey! What's wrong?"

"Grab the hospital bag, my water just broke", I wince as another contraction hits me. He freezes for a second before registering what I just said. He rushes to help me up, grabbing the hospital bag we prepared on the way. He slips on a pair of shoes before helping me with mine.

He helps me to the car as we get in, speeding off down the streets to try and get to the hospital, "Hang in there, beautiful. Here, grab onto my hand and squeeze when you feel a contraction coming", he says as he holds out his hand. I grab it as I feel another contraction coming on, "Get these babies out of me!", I scream in pain as tears fall down my face.

"We're almost there!"

"Oh my god"

"Okay, we're here, you're okay, my love. It's going to be okay", Chris reassures me as he quickly parks the car and runs over to help me out. He rushes me into the hospital, yelling for help. A nurse rushes over to me and sees me in my state as she calls over another nurse to bring a wheelchair. "You're going to be fine, sweetheart, just breathe"

I do the breathing techniques I was taught in the parenting class Chris and I took as they wheel me into a room. They place a hospital gown on me as they put me on the hospital bed, hooking me up to different machines. "We're going to see how many centimetres dilated you are"

"Okay! Wow! You're seven centimetres dilated! We're almost there! I'll be back to check up on you in about twenty minutes, okay?",  I simply nod my head and close my eyes, trying to steady my breathing. Chris pulls up a chair next to me and sits down, gabbing my hand. "Should I call my mom?", he asks me. "Not now. I want to enjoy this moment between the two of us". Chris nods his head and smiles at me as I squeeze his hand again.

"Chris, call the nurse please! They're coming—now!", I scream as I felt one of the strongest contractions I had experienced. Chris rushes out of the room and comes back moments later with a nurse and a doctor. She checks my dilation and her eyes widen, "It's go time!"

***

"You can do it, sweetheart. Push! Come on, beautiful", Chris encourages me as I scream in pain.  "You're almost there, Ella!", the nurse calls out. "Baby number one is out! Congratulations on your baby boy", the doctor smiles as he hands our crying baby boy to the nurse.

"One more baby to go, Ella. You can do this, darling", the nurse tells me as I'm told to push again. I scream in pain as I keep on pushing, tears falling from my eyes. My face was damp with beads of sweat as Chris kisses the top of my head, "One more push!"

I give my all as I push for the last time. A small cry echos throughout the room as I rest my head back on the pillow, breathing heavily. I begin to cry as they hand me my beautiful babies. "Oh my god, they're perfect", I whisper as a sob escapes my mouth. I kiss Chris as we admire our little angels. "We've been waiting for you", I whisper as I kiss their little heads.