11

>>>>

>>>>

"You guys kissed?!" Elizabeth exclaimed as she looked over at Ella in bewilderment. Ella laughed at her reaction before nodding her head. A content squeal escaped Elizabeth's mouth as her smile outstretched upon her face. "It was amazing, I can't remember the last I felt that way. I don't think I've ever felt that way" Ella let out a sigh as her cheeks undoubtedly became a light blush color.

"I'm so happy for you Ella! Has he been treating you well so far?" Elizabeth questioned her as she browsed through the menu placed in her hands. "He has, he really has"

"And have you been treating him well so far?". Though Elizabeth was very fond of Ella, Chris was her best friend and his emotions mattered to her just as much as Ella's did. She not only cared for how Ella was being treated but also how Chris was being treated. He's had his fair share of bad girlfriends and Elizabeth grew a sense of overprotectiveness for the older one of them two.

"I have. I can assure you that I have his best interests at heart. I would never do anything to jeopardize what we have", pleased with her answer, Elizabeth diverted the subject of conversation elsewhere. "Do you know what you're going to order?"

"I'm most probably the most indecisive person you'll ever meet so give me a few minutes" Ella laughed as she scanned over the menu for what seemed like the fifth time.

One thing Ella hated most about herself was her indecisiveness. Over the years it had only gotten worse and she tried everything possible to try and diminish such a habit. She hated it and often found herself quite embarrassed when going out with others. Her indecisiveness was so bad that whenever she would go out to eat, she'd make sure to look up the menu online before hand so she wouldn't have to keep her companions waiting.

As ludicrous as it sounds, often times Ella would find herself crying over it. The fact that she had so many thoughts and options circling in her mind seemingly made her overwhelmed and would encourage an anxiety attack to occur. Sighing, Ella closed the menu and looked back up at Elizabeth who was starring back at her intently. "You okay?" She questioned her worriedly. Ella took a deep breath and shook her head, forcing a smile to make its way onto her face. "Yeah, I'm good. Are you ready to order?" Ella quickly diverted the conversation elsewhere before Elizabeth could question her further. Brushing it off Elizabeth smiled as she called over a waiter, giving her order and Ella doing the same.

"You know he never stops talking about you-" Elizabeth said after a few moments of silence between them. Ella looked up from her lap and stared straight ahead, encouraging Elizabeth to continue. "-I've never seen him like this with anyone. None of us have"

"And is that a good thing?.." Ella trailed off. "Of course! He hasn't been this happy in so long, and I'm glad you're the one who's the cause of it"

"You really mean that?"

"Of course I do! Listen Ella, both you and Chris have gone through a lot over the past few years and I really think you guys deserve each other. Stop overthinking everything. Stop trying to convince yourself that all of this is too good to be true, because it's not. All of this is real. You deserve this okay?". Ella reached over the table and took hold of Elizabeth's hand as tears weld up in her eyes. "Thank you so much Liz. You have no idea how much that means to me"

"You're welcome. Now wipe away those tears because our food is coming...along with a very cute waiter" Elizabeth trailed off as she eyed the man making his way towards their table. He set down their plates in front of them before straightening his posture. "Is there anything else you girls need?" He asked politely. Ella shook her head as Liz muttered a "your number" under her breath. "We're good, thank you" Ella answered him. The waiter nodded as he walked off and Ella didn't hold back her fits of laughter. "I can't believe you said that"

"He didn't hear me, it's fine" Liz exclaimed. Ella shook her head before picking up her fork, and placing her food into her mouth. "Why don't you ask for his number? At least make it audible this time"

"Are you crazy?! No! No way" Liz instantly shut down the idea as she payed attention to her food. "Why not? He's cute and he seems nice"

"I don't know Ella. With my line of work it's not going to be easy to see people who aren't in the business-" before Liz could finish her sentence Ella cut her off. "-You did not just say that! Look at me and Chris. He's an actor and I'm just a girl who works in a restaurant. If we can manage to make it work then so can you. Don't let your job take away opportunities from you. Go for it!"

"I like how this entire conversation started off with me giving you advice and now you're giving me advice" Liz laughed. "Liz, all jokes aside I'm being serious. You deserve this just as much as anyone. It doesn't even have to be this guy. I'm just trying to explain to you how no matter who you encounter, if you want to develop something more with them then do it. Or else you'll regret it. Sure it'll be hard because you're constantly travelling, but when you know it's the right person, then you'll both do anything in your power to keep the relationship alive and going. Don't let distance destroy potential relationships. You've got this Liz!"

"Chris really is a lucky man. I swear if he doesn't ask you to be his girlfriend within the next week I'm going to riot" Liz laughed as she wiped away a stray tear that had escaped her eye. Ella laughed at her before going back to her food. She thought back to what she told Liz and knew that it'd be best if she took her own advice too. She always gave great advice to others but when it came to giving herself advice, she never listened.