27

>>>>

>>>>

"Okay guys, I'm going!" Ella huffed as she grabbed Anthony's car keys and her purse. "Are you sure about this Ella?" Anthony asked, leaning against the wall. Ella sighed as she looked down at her shoes. "No. But what if Sebastian is right?"

"And what if he's wrong?"

"Then I guess I'll find out" Ella replies back. She had decided to meet up with her mother. She didn't like the idea of it but she knew that she should at least try. "Fine. Be careful and keep us updated okay? Call us if you need anything"

"I'll be fine Mackie, I promise" Ella wrapped her arms around Mackie as he did the same. Ella gave Mackie one last smile before leaving. She got into Anthony's car that he generously allowed her to borrow and drove off down the streets of New York.

Ella nervously tapped her fingers on the steering wheel as she drove closer to her destination. She was nervous to say the least. What would her mother look like? Would she even recognize her mother after so many years? Would her mother hate her? Would her mother still be the same woman she knew eighteen years ago?

Before Ella knew it she was parking Mackie's car and heading into the busy restaurant. She looked around trying to find someone who resembled her mother. "Ella? Ella, is that you?". Ella turned around quickly at the sound of her name. Her eyes came in contact with those of an elderly woman. She was standing, looking at Ella intently.

Ella didn't even recognize her mom. She looked nothing like the woman Ella knew eighteen years ago. Sure time ages people, but not like this. "Mom?". Her mom gestured for her to sit down in the booth and she obliged as she placed her purse next to her. Ella's mouth ran dry as she struggled to find the right words to say. "You're so beautiful" her mother whispered, tears welling up in her eyes. "Thank you" Ella replies shortly.

"Sweetheart? What's wrong?" Her mother asked as if she hadn't walked out on her own daughter and husband eighteen years ago. "Why'd you send me that letter?" Ella asked her, ignoring her mother's questions. Her mother looked taken aback but she quickly recovered as she answered her daughter. "I'm your mother, Ella. Is it so wrong for a mother to want to see her daughter?"

"So after eighteen years you thought it would be a good idea to want to see me? You left us!" Ella grumbled. She didn't want to cause a scene so she took a few sips of water to calm herself down. "Oh I thought you'd be over that by now. I'm here now, why does it matter?"

"Are you kidding me?! You walked out on me. You walked out on dad! The least you could've done was give us an explanation as to why you left. But no, you just got up and left. You never bothered to contact us. Why should I give you the satisfaction of seeing me again?" Ella looked at her mother dead in the eyes, not breaking eye contact for one second. She wanted her mother to see her pain. To see what she had done to her.