51

>>>>

>>>>

Chris had left this morning for the airport, leaving me behind for a whole month. Waking up this morning was the hardest thing for me to do because it would be the last morning I'd spend with Chris for an entire month. His bags had already been near the door when I kissed him goodbye. When he left, a part of me did too. He was my other half and there was no doubt about it that he completed me.

I ate breakfast in silence as I prayed that Chris would get to his destination safely. He would be traveling a total of fourteen hours which meant I wouldn't hear from him until late tonight or early in the morning tomorrow.

I sigh as I place my cup of coffee in the sink and begin to wash it. The house was so quiet without Chris which made me feel even more alone. The silence cascaded over me as I thought of what I could do to take my mind off of Chris not being here.

Jared was on his honeymoon so I couldn't call him. Sebastian and Anthony were off filming for their new movies. Scarlett was busy filming Black Widow. Elizabeth was—wait a minute!

I run over to my phone and dial her number as I wait for her to pick up. After the fourth ring I hear the phone pick up and Elizabeth answer, "Hello?"

"Liz?! Oh my god I've missed you", I say as a smile forms on my face. "Ella?! How are you? I haven't seen you in so long"

"It's been a while. I'm okay, what about you?"

"I've been good. I have some new roles lined up and I'm so excited! Anyways, I'm bored out of my mind right now so would you want to hang out?", she says as I rush off into my room. "I'd love that! Where and when?"

"I'll come pick you up at around noon?"

"Sounds good"

"See you soon", with that I hang up the phone and throw myself on our bed as I stare at the wall. Everyone seemed to have so many exciting things going on for them and here I was, unemployed. They had roles lined up for them and that's something I wish I could say for myself.

I grab my laptop and begin to type in different things as I try to find what I'm looking for. I hesitate to click the enter button as I look at the website I'm on. "You can do this, Ella!", I whisper to myself. I click the enter button as I squeeze my eyes closed, not wanting to see what was going to happen next.

I open my eyes again and see that my application was sent. Just like that I had signed myself up for an audition. I had no idea what possessed me to do so but something within me told me to go for it. I had an audition for a new show called 'Modern Family'. It sounded pretty cool and I thought I'd give it a go.