50

>>>>

>>>>

Chris had called me today from work telling me he had something important to tell me. I was nervous and anxious to know what it was. What was so important that he had to wait until he got home to tell me. He told me I had to wait until he got home and that was beyond agonizing for me.

I spent the day cleaning the entire house to try and make time go by faster. By the end of the day the house was spotless and I was beyond exhausted. I heard the front door open as Chris called out my name. I wasted no time in running towards the front of the house, desperate to know what he had to tell me. I latch myself onto Chris as he walks into the kitchen to wash his hands, "Ella"

"What?"

"Can you get off of me?", he laughs as he sets down his bag. I untangle myself from him and sit down on the bar stool as I wait for him to speak. We stay silent for a few seconds as I give him a look with my eyes. "What?", Chris asks me confused. "What do you mean, what?! You said you had something important to tell me?"

"Oh, that!", he says as he turns to his bag. He takes something out of it as he walks towards me. He bends down on one knee and my heart begins to race. He stands back up and hands me the slip of paper that I now realized he had dropped on the floor. "Don't be mad", he starts off.

I look at him before looking down at the small envelope in my hands. I open it and pull out a small card, decorated with beautiful little pearls. I read the card and I instantly begin to freak out as I turn to look at Chris, "Jared's getting married!"

"Yeah", he trails off as he scratches the back of his head. "It's been seven months and they're already getting married? Why didn't he tell me?"

"Why don't you call him and ask him?", Chris tells me as he grabs my hand. "I can't believe he's getting married!", I grab my phone and quickly dial Jared's number as I wait for him to pick up. "Hello?"

"Jared Dane Smith how dare you not tell me you're getting married!", I yell into the phone. I hear him curse on the other end of the phone as I wait for him to reply, "Oh did I not tell you about that?", he tries to play off. I roll my eyes at his response as I grip the phone in my hand. "Who proposed?"

"He asked me. I wasn't expecting it at all but I'm very happy. So are you able to come?"

"Well obviously! You're my best friend", I say in an obvious tone. "Don't get smart with me, Ella"

"Don't sass me, Jared"

"Whatever. Don't forget to bring that handsome hunk of your boyfriend with you", he states as I hear his fiancée yell at him in the background. I shake my head as a smile forms on my face. "I'll talk to you soon, okay?"