55

>>>>

>>>>

Waking up this morning felt so surreal. I played back the events of yesterday and smiled as I realized that it wasn't just a dream. I peer down to my left hand as I gasp, looking at the shimmering ring on my finger. It was more beautiful than anything I had ever seen. It felt so foreign to have a ring on my finger and it would take some getting used to, but I was so overwhelmed with happiness every time I glanced down at my hand.

Chris hadn't stopped kissing me all day. He was completely and utterly giddy all day and it made me so happy to see him that way. He seemed so relaxed and content and that's all I ever wanted him to be like.

He was currently out with Sebastian and Anthony having a guys day out while I stayed at home with the girls. They had surprised me an hour or two ago for my engagement to Chris. I knew that Chris told them he proposed because I didn't tell anyone yet.

"Show us the ring—again!", Elizabeth laughs as I put my hand out for them to see the ring. "That's the biggest rock I've ever seen", Scarlett gasps in awe.

"I wouldn't talk, Scar!", I shake my head as I point to her ring. She looks down at her hand and frowns, "Shit, you're right. I forget how big my ring is sometimes", she laughs as we look at Elizabeth. "I just realized that we're all engaged!", I smile as I look at my two best friends. "I didn't even notice, that's so cool though!"

"I find it cute, to be honest", Elizabeth smiles. I turn to look at the kitchen before turning back to the girls, "Hey, there's nothing in the fridge right now because we're low on groceries so how about we go and have a girls day? To celebrate each other"

"Really?! That's sounds like an amazing idea"

"I agree. If the boys can go out and have fun why can't we?", Scarlett asks. I nod my head as we grab our bags and head out of the house towards my car. "Any preferences, ladies?"

"We can go to that new restaurant that opened up near the mall? Then we can go shopping", Elizabeth states as she looks out the window. "Sounds good to me"

***

"So have any of you started wedding planning?", I ask the girls as we wait for our food to arrive. They had been engaged for a while now and I know that Elizabeth didn't want to wait very long until she tied the knot.

"Almost done, actually. We did the majority of the wedding planning but I still need to go dress shopping. I have no idea what I want", Elizabeth sighs, frustrated. "We'll help you, don't worry. Anything you wear makes you look gorgeous", I tell her as I place my hand on hers. "Actually I've been meaning to ask you girls something", Elizabeth says as she reaches into her purse. She pulls out two envelopes with our names on it and hands it to us.

"Open them!", she smiles brightly at us. Scarlett and I share a look before we look down at the pale pink envelopes with our names neatly written in calligraphy. I open the top and pull out a shimmering card. I read through it as I tear up. Elizabeth looks over at us in anticipation as we put down our envelopes. "So?"

"Yes! Thank you for choosing me to be one of your bridesmaids", Scarlett beams as she moves over to hug Elizabeth. They both turn to look at me as my face flushes a light shade of pink. "A thousand times yes! Thank you so much, Lizzie, for choosing me to be your maid of honour, it means the world to me", I tell her as she comes and hug me. "You girls are my best friends and I wouldn't want anyone else besides my two girls to be with me and by my side on my wedding day"

"We love you, Liz"

"I love you too, always"

***

"Honey, I'm home", I hear Chris sing horribly as I walk down the stairs. I decide it would be best to prank him seeing as it was the perfect opportunity. Last week he had pranked me and I almost broke my arm so I thought it was only fair to get him back.

"Ella? I'm home", I hear him repeat. I see him walk into the kitchen looking for me as I dash past him so he doesn't see me. I cover my mouth as I fight the urge to laugh. I walk over to the front door and open it slowly before slamming it shut and running upstairs. "Ella? Who's there?!", I hear Chris call out defensively. I walk into the guest bedroom and stomp my feet as I hear Chris running up the stairs.

In the midst of running away so he wouldn't see me I managed to slip on the wooden floor and fall, right in front of Chris. I flinch as I hold my arm, rocking back and forth. I look up at Chris and smile as I blow a few strands of hair out of my face. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing", I grumble as I stand up. "You were trying to prank me, weren't you?", he asks me with a smirk on his face. I roll my eyes as I walk into our bedroom, "Why is it that every time I want to prank you it fails miserably, yet every time you try to prank me it works perfectly?"

"Because I'm the king of pranks"

"Yeah, right", I scoff as I fold the laundry I had washed. "Somebody's jealous", he sings as he wraps his arms around me. He kisses my shoulder as I try wiggle out of his grasp, "I am not jealous!"

"Yes you are. Just admit, Ella"

"Do you want to sleep on the couch tonight?", I threaten him as I turn around. "Absolutely not"

"That's what I thought"

"I can't believe you're going to be my wife. How did I ever get so lucky? I can't wait to spend forever with you", Chris says suddenly as he hugs me. I hug him back as he kisses the top of my head. "Me too, my love, me too"