60

>>>>

>>>>

Chris and I had arrived back home from our honeymoon yesterday and we were currently unpacking everything. "Hey I'm going to go give the boys a call, okay?", Chris says suddenly as he leaves the room. I look at him as he walks away and my heart begins to race.

I hear his muffled voice in the background as I continue to sort out which clothes should be washed and which clothes should be put away. I hear Chris making his way towards our room again, as he clears his throat, "I'm going and meet the guys. I'll be gone for a few hours. I love you"

I barely have the chance to answer him as he runs off down the hallway. I shake my head as I sigh, exasperated. He was acting weird and that automatically sent my mind into panic mode, coming up with the worst scenarios possible.

I threw our clothes in the washing machine as I threw in the detergent. I walk back into our room and start putting away the clothes that were left on our bed. I held onto the frame of the bed as a wave of dizziness hits me. I sit down on the floor to try and clear my head, before standing up again, very slowly.

If Chris was out with the boys then this gave me the perfect opportunity to clean the house from top to bottom. I began with our room and from then on I cleaned the entire upstairs, followed by the downstairs.

***

*Chris' point of view*

I walk into Sebastian and Anthony's house as I hug them both. They jump on top of me as they mess up my hair, "Evans! My man", Mackie cheers as he sits down with a bottle of beer in his hands. Sebastian follows him and I take this as a sign to grab a beer for myself too.

"So what's up? How's married life?", Sebastian asks me, a small smile plastered on his face. I sigh as I set down my beer. "It's been good. Really good. I just love her so much—"

"But?", Anthony sighs as he looks at me. "But I think somethings wrong with her"

"What do you mean something's wrong with her? Is she okay?"

"Well when we were in Italy she got really sick and ever since then she's been acting really weird and she just hasn't been herself. I think that maybe she's—that maybe-"

"Don't you dare tell me you think she's cheating on you!", Sebastian growls as he sets down his beer on the coffee table. I nod my head, "I think so, maybe, I don't know!"

"Are you insane?! You have to be a complete dumbass to think that she's cheating on you. Anyone can see how much she loves you. She puts you first above everything else, Chris!", Sebastian tells me as runs his hand through his hair. "Then I don't know why she's been acting so weird lately"

"Maybe she's just adjusting to married life?"

"I highly doubt it. She was fine up until she got sick. I don't know what to do", I sigh as I put my head in my hands. "Talk to her. Communication in a relationship is so important"

"Yeah, I'm going to go talk to her now. I'll call you guys later, okay?"

"Bye, Chris"

***

"Ella? I'm home", I call out as I enter the house. The house was quiet as I walk upstairs. I walk into our bedroom to see Ella curled up in our bed, sound asleep. Her phone rings beside her as I lean over to see who had texted her. The name Matt pops up and my heart drops.

I pick up her phone and unlock it, scrolling through her texts with this Matt guy. Their texts range from "Hey are we still on for twelve?", and "I don't know how to tell him, I'll wait a little bit".

This was enough for me to confirm my suspicions and it broke my heart. I shake her awake as she looks up at me with those beautiful eyes of hers. "Chris? What's wrong?", she says groggily as she rubs her eyes.

"Are you cheating on me?"

"What?!", Ella shrieks, now wide awake. She sits up in our bed as her eyes widen. "Are you cheating on me?", I repeat. She shakes her head no again, "No! Why would you ever think that", she panics. I give her back her phone, making sure that the text messages between her and Matt were on the screen. She looks down at her phone and her face drops, "Chris-"

"I don't want to hear it. Why would you do this? I thought you were happy. You were the last person I ever expected to do something like this", I tell her as my eyes water. I proceed to walk towards our bedroom door but her small hand grips onto my bicep for dear life, "I'm not cheating on you! You have to believe me", she cries as she gasps for air.

"Then what are those text messages? Doesn't seem like you're not cheating", I tell her as I rip my arm away from her grasp. "Chris, please! You have to believe me", she drops to the floor. I want to so desperately run over to her and console her, to wipe away her tears and tell her everything is going to be okay, but I just can't do it.

"He's not who you think he is"

"Then who is he?"

"My doctor", her voice breaks as she wipes away her tears. "Your doctor?"

"Yes. He was a friend of mine in college and he just so happens to be my doctor. He's been following up on me since I got sick on our honeymoon", she tells me as she picks herself up off the floor. She was silently crying to herself as she turned to look away from her. Her body shook as more sobs escaped her mouth.

"I thought you said the doctor in Italy cleared you and said it was just the flu"

"It wasn't the flu"

"Then what was it? What is it?"

"This wasn't how this was supposed to go", she cried as she slid down the wall. I was beyond confused by this point. Nothing was making sense. "This wasn't how what was supposed to go"

"I don't even want to tell you anymore. This whole day turned out to be so horrible", she cries into her hands. I instantly feel guilty as I realize that she was telling the truth and that she wasn't cheating on me. "I can't believe you thought I was cheating on you. Don't you trust me? You out of all people know how much I've gone through and how I'd never do anything like this to anyone, especially you"

"I'm so sorry. It's just that you've been acting weird since you got sick on our honeymoon and I didn't know what to think", I tell her truthfully as I slide down the wall next to her. "Then why didn't you just ask me? Marriage is about communication, Chris"

"I know, and I'm so sorry for thinking that you'd cheat on me. I know you never would but I was afraid that maybe what happened in my past relationships was happening again"

"Well I'm not your past relationships, I'm your current relationship. I'm your wife! And as your wife you should trust me and know me. I would never do anything to hurt you Chris. I'd die for you if I had too. You're the love of my life and you mean the world to me. You come first, above everyone, okay?"

"Okay", I whisper as I pull her into my arms. "Why are you texting your doctor though? I thought you were feeling better"

"I guess I have no choice but to tell you now, don't I?", she semi smiles. I shake my head as I help her up off the floor. "If you weren't so nosy this would've worked out the way I had planned it"

"What are you talking about?", I ask her, immensely confused. "Chris, I'm —"