1. The Nickname

"Hey, Lou. Will you be at practice today?"

Louis looked down solemnly. "I don't know, Ni. I know it's been a couple months but I can't get over it. I'm so fucking weak," the blue eyed boy says as a tear streams down his face.

"Loubear, you're not weak. You just lost your mum. I cant begin to imagine how that feels. Hell, I cried for a year straight when Nando died. He was just my dog." Niall gave a light chuckle, "Take your time to grieve. I know you don't like talking about it but I'm worried for you, bub. You can talk to me."

"I know. I've just never talked about it before. I miss her, Ni." His voice cracks as he breaks down.

"You don't have to discuss it if you don't want. She will be waiting. You'll see her again. Let it out, yeah? It's okay to cry. Crying is manly in the words of Coach Styles."

Louis laughs slightly, "Thanks. You're the best, really. I'm glad to have you. I will try to be at practice today. I miss playing to be honest."

"Good. Coach has been worried about you." Niall gave a wink. He knows about the crush Louis has had since he moved there in grade 9. He thought Harry was a fellow student but was disappointed to find out that he, in fact, worked for the school.

A light blush washes over Louis' face. "I don't have a ride. Mum used to drive me.."

"Don't sweat it. You can ride with me and Li. Just between us, he has been eyeing Malik."

"No fucking way. Liam? Big straight daddy boyo?" His jaw touched the floor.

"He looks tough on the outside but he is a big ol' cheese ball if I've ever seen one. The poor lad is head over heels."

"Does Zayn know?"

"You'll see at practice." Louis eyed the blonde suspiciously as they made their way downstairs to pack their footie bags.

*****

They arrived at the football field and went straight for the locker rooms. Niall and Liam were all ready for practice but Louis left his stuff in his locker and had to change there. "You guys can head to the field. I'll be out there soon."

"Alright. See ya, bud." Liam headed out of the door but Niall stayed behind to check on his small friend.

"You good, mate?"

"Yeah. No worries, N. I'll be there. It's not like I can go home, genius. We used your car." He laughed as Niall rolled his eyes and left the lockers. He was making his way towards Liam when he heard a deep voice yell.

"Horan! Over here."

He walked over to his coach with a confused look on his face.

"Where is Tomlinson?" He asked with a worried expression.

"He is getting ready in the locker rooms. He said he would be here soon but you know Louis' definition of 'soon.'"

Harry chuckled and went to check on the boy. He wasn't expecting the sight ahead of him. Louis was bent over, pulling on his right shorts. He didn't seem like the type to wear panties. He oozed toxic masculinity.
"Fuck, I-I mean shit...Sorry for my language. Oops." He coughed awkwardly

Louis jumped slightly as he quickly pulled his shirt on and turned around. "Hi... what are you doing?"

"I was just coming to see if you were alright but it seems that you are so.... I'll head out. See you on the field, princess."

Louis fish-mouthed as Harry smirked and headed toward the field. He was sure Coach Styles saw his little secret. He ran out to the field with dark red cheeks and stood by Niall as they huddled together to talk about practice.

"Alright, boys. We are dividing into two teams. I have a uniform for each team. I want this half to be white and the rest of you will be blue. Get to the field."

Niall and Louis were on opposite sides. "You're going down, bread boy."
Louis smirked and ran to his team.

*****

They played for an hour and a half. Even though Louis had been gone, he was still the best player. His team ended up winning 8:6.

"Nice one, Lou." Niall said as he patted his back. They ran over to the coach for have a few final words before heading home.

"You did great, team. Tomlinson, amazing as ever. You looked great out there despite missing a couple of months. Our next game is on Saturday. I expect you to be there. You may head home."

The three boys went back to the locker rooms and took showers. When they were done, they grabbed their things and went to Niall's car.

"Shotgun, bitch!" Louis yelled as Liam made his way to the passenger side. He grabbed the door and recieved a pout from the blue eyed boy.

"For fuck sake. Why are you so adorable? Get in," he said with a roll of his eyes.

"Thanks, Lili. Also, watch your compliments. We don't want Zaynie-poo to get jealous."

"Loueh you idiot! You weren't supposed to say anything." Niall said and Liam blushed in the backseat.

"We aren't even together." There was an awkward silence, "yet." Liam whispered with a smirk causing the other two to squeal in unison.

"Our baby is growing up! I'm such a proud mother, Ni. I raised a proper gay son."

"Jesus, Lou. I'm not gay.. I think? And I'm not your son."

"Liam watch your mouth. Your mother is sensitive. Just because you're adopted doesn't mean you're not our son." Niall patted Louis' shoulder before the two burst out into a fit of laughter while Liam facepalmed.

"Enough about me. Let's talk about how Louis left the locker room looking like a proper tomato." He eyed Louis.

"Let's not." Louis said with an innocent smile.

Niall shot him a smirk and said, "No. I'm curious, Loulou. What did Styles do to make you blush so hard?"

Louis shot Liam a shitty before clearing his throat and saying "He saw my underwear."

"And? He sees us in our boxers all of the time. We literally get naked in the locker rooms. Right, Li?"

Liam nodded before Louis spoke up. "I wasn't wearing boxers...." The boys were confused and waited for Louis to elaborate. "Remember those panties you two idiots decided to get me as a gag gift?" Niall and Liams eyes grew wide as they looked at each other and nodded. "Turns out they're quite comfortable and make me feel handsome."

Niall chuckled, "Handsome? Louis, it's okay to want to feel pretty."

Louis blushed for what felt like the millionth time that day as Liam said "How could Styles resist you, mate?"

"I don't know. Maybe because he is a fucking coach and that's illegal? Obviously." Louis said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"ObViOusLy." Niall laughed. "He is only 4 years older. Seriously. Get some. Anywhore, I'm sure it's not his first time seeing panties so don't fret, little one."

"Give me a break. I'm big. And that's not why I blushed anyways...." Louis looked at the boys with hesitation before they pushed him to continue. "He called me princess."

"You owe me $5, Liam!!" The brown eye boy groaned and gave Niall the money straight from his wallet.

"Are you serious?! You guys are a couple of ballocks." He crossed his arms and muttered under his breath. "You are ridiculous."

♡♡♡
A/n
This is my first time writing a fanfic soooooooo it's probably shite. Anyway. I'm Hope and it's nice to meet you. =-)