18. The Gas Station

"You shaved?"

"Yeah, don't like people at school to see my scruff. They say I'm trying to make myself look straight."

"Ah. Well you're beautiful either way. Ready to go home, love?"

"Yeah." They hug Anne and say good bye and start to leave.

"You boys better not think you can leave without me getting a picture first. Make it cute!" Louis kisses Harry's cheek for the picture.

They head out of the front door

They head out of the front door. Harry opens the car door for his boy and then gets in himself.

*****
A little over a week later, they are lying on the couch, watching  movies when Louis looks at the man he is laying on. "Harry?"

"Hmm?"

"Is it okay if I hang out with Niall after practice tomorrow?"

"You're not practicing tomorrow," he says with a serious face. Louis sits up to look him in the eye.

"Are you kidding? Why the fuck not?"

"First off, lose the attitude. Second, if you are having a baby, you will not put stress on it by playing."

"You've got to be joking, Harold. No way."

"Yes way. If I have to cancel practice tomorrow, I will without hesitation. Understand me?"

"Fine but Niall is skipping practice too." He huffs and crosses his arms.

"Alright. Now, give me a cuddle." Louis rolls his eyes but cuddles the man anyway.

*****

"Niall! Niall!" Louis yells while running down hallway filled with teens who are ready to go home. The Irish boy turns around with a quirked eyebrow.

"'Ey, mate. What's up?"

"You're skipping practice with me today."

"What? Why? I already got me football bag."

"It's important, Ni."

"Fine. You're explaining in the car. Let's go." They walk to Niall's car and get in. "Sooo, what're you on about now?"

"I need to borrow money."

"How much?"

"I don't know. Like five?" Niall hand the boy a five dollar note. Louis thanks him.

"Okay, now I need you to take me to a gas station."

"The fuck? Do I look like a taxi driver?"

"Niall, please. I'm begging."

"Something is up. You never beg. This better be a good story." He begins driving and withing 10 minutes, they're at a gas station.

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Niall, I can't do this."