36. The Hospital

It's late November and Louis is bigger than ever. The babies are due in a couple of weeks. Lou is feeling rather down on himself so Harry decided to treat him with a date. "Baby, are you ready?"

"Nothin' fits. I don't wanna go, Haz." Harry kisses Louis on the forehead and walks to the closet, grabbing one of his T-shirt's.

"Wear this baby. It's mine so it should fit." Louis puts on the shirt and looks in the mirror. Harry walks behind him and wraps his arms around, placing his hands on Louis' stomach. "You look so sexy full of my babies." Louis playfully hits Harry's arm.

"Is that where your daddy kink comes from, you pervert?" They both laugh and finish getting ready. They make their way out of the door when Louis stops and grabs his stomach. "Fuck fuck fuck."

"Are you okay?" Harry asks, concerned.

"I think I'm having Braxton Hicks."

"I know you've told me before but what is that again?" Louis rolls his eyes before answering.

"It's like mildish contractions. These ones hurt more than normal."

"We can stay home if you really want to, love."

"No, no. I'm all dressed now. Plus, the sprouts and I are starving." Harry helps Louis into the car and then gets in himself. He starts the car and drives to a fancy restaurant for dinner. Once they arrive, Louis looks around. "What's the occasion?"

"There's not one. I just know you haven't been feeling great lately and I wanted to treat you like the princess you are." Harry smiles and Louis starts to tear up. "Babe, why're you crying?"

"You're just so sweet and thoughtful." He attacks Harry with a hug and they sit in each others warmth for a minute.

"It's chilly, let's get you inside." They go in and a nice waitress sits them at a table for two.

"Hazza, this is really fancy."

"It's all for you." Harry winks then adds, "like my dick." Louis scoffs.

"Harold, people can hear for fuck sake." Louis holds a serious face for a moment then breaks out into a fit of giggles and Harry smirks. "Can't take anything seriously, can you?"

"Nahhhh. What's the fun in that?" The waitress arrives and asks what they want to drink. "A glass of red wine and a bottle of sparkling cider for this little lad." Louis shoots him a look of jealousy. "What? You can't have alcohol." Harry teases him. He looks back at the waitress, "Scratch that red wine. We will both be having your finest cider," he says with a fake posh accent. Louis is properly embarrassed by this point but the waitress just nods and proceeds to take their orders. Once she leaves, Harry grabs Louis' hand from across the table. "How're you feeling?"

"Better now," he smiles and looks Harry in the eyes, "thank you." Harry kisses Louis' hand.

"Don't thank me. You deserve the best. Always." Louis blushes and asks Harry about his day. "Eh. Just the usual. The students were getting on my nerves a bit today but coming home to see you made me forget all of it."

"You're being cheesy today."

"You like cheese." Harry shrugs. Their food arrives and Louis' is gone almost before it's even set down. "You really were hungry."

"You're just a slow eater. Like a sloth." Louis jokes then grabs his stomach again.

"Did you eat too fast, baby?"

"No. Shit, Harry it hurts." He grips the table with his other hand, crumpling the cloth. Harry stands up and walks behind his chair, noticing wetness on the floor.

"Did you pee?"

"No, you idiot. I think my water broke." The realization hits Harry and his eyes widen. He grabs his wallet and throws a couple hundred on the table before grabbing Louis and helping him up gently. They start to leave when they're stopped by an employee.

"You have to pay before you leave."

"My fucking water broke. Piss off." Louis says. The employee steps in his way with his hand out and Harry glares at him.

"Check the table, you fucker." Harry pushes the man out of their way and rushes Louis to the car. He buckled him into his seat before hopping in and speeding off. Once they make it to the hospital, Harry tells Louis to stay in the car and grabs a wheel chair. By this point, Louis is in excruciating pain. Harry gets him into the chair and wheels him inside. He goes up to the front desk of the emergency room, trying to get the nurse's attention "Hey, hey. My boyfriend's water broke and- um- w-we need a room. He nee-" Harry is a stuttering mess so Louis steps in.

"I need a fucking room before these little shits rip me open." All of the doctors and nurses stop what they're doing to look towards the shrieking boy.

"Sir, we're going to need you to calm down."

"Don't tell me to calm down! Get them out of me!" Finally, they get him to a room. Harry helps him into a gown and then gets suited up himself. They prep him for a c-section.

"Do you want your boyfriend to stay in the room."

"Obviously." Louis rolls his eyes and Harry doesn't know whether to scold Louis or laugh at his attitude. He chooses the latter since Louis is in pain. They set up the curtain so Louis can't see what's going on. Harry, however, can and he his mortified. They make the incisions and begin the process of birthing the twins. Eventually they pull one out and there is an immediate loud cry. Harry is in shock. He is overwhelmed with joy but is woozy from all of the blood. Meanwhile, Louis can't feel anything and just wants to see his baby. "What is it?"

"The first baby is a girl." Harry reaches for her but the doctor stops him. "The nurses need to clean her up and run some tests first." Harry nods and tries not to think about the blood. Louis can see the sick on Harry's face and tries to distract him.

"Baby, we have two baby girls now." The doctor pulls the second baby out.

"Actually, you're not." Both boys look frightened and the doctor chuckles. "Don't look so worried. Baby number two is a boy."

♡♡♡♡
A/n

Hello, babies. It's been a while. I was in a bad mental place for a long time but I feel back a bit. I'm in a relationship now. He supports my obsession lol. Anywhore, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Baby name suggestions?

*side note* I've been reading through the comments and I swear this story wouldn't be near as good without your comments. I've been cackling for the past thirty minutes. Thank you all so much. 💖💖🥺