29. The Appointment

It's been a couple of months since graduation, putting the baby at about four months. Harry took the day off work and it was Louis' day off anyway. "Ready for the appointment, princess?"

"I look horrible and fat." Louis pouts and crosses his arms.

"Baby, first off you're beautiful. Second, you're starting to show more. You're not fat, that's our little sprout," Harry states triumphantly. He leans down and presses a kiss on the boy's belly. When he stands up, he places another gentle kiss on his forehead, then nose and chin, then finally on his mouth with a pat to the bum. "Let's go, Lou." He intertwines their fingers and leads then out of the door.

"Why are you wearing a jacket? It's fucking burning up, Harold," Louis asks once they start driving.

"Because doctor's offices are always cold." Louis laughs and shakes his head. They arrive at the doctor's office a few minutes later and walk in. After waiting for a bit, they get called back and Louis gets put into the room.

"Hello Mr. Tomlinson, I'm Theresa. So, are we looking to find out the gender today," the nurse says as she enters.

"Yes," Harry says the same time Louis says, "No." They look at each other awkwardly.

"No stress, baby. We can talk about it later." He caresses Louis' hand and turns to the nurse. "Not today, ma'am. Thank you." She nods.

"This will be a little cold," she says as she puts the gel on the boy's stomach. Soon a picture pops up on the screen and both men stare in awe. The woman looks concerned but proceeds to print out the ultrasound pictures. She hands them to them and leaves. "The doctor will be with you soon."

"Haz, what was that about?"

"Don't fret, little one. Everything will be okay. Look at our baby, Loubear. We made that!" Harry smiles widely with Bright eyes, causing Louis to smile as well. Harry looks so proud. The doctor finally enters after what feels like forever.

"Hello, my name is Dr. Williams and I will be your doctor today. The fetus appears to be smaller than normal so we are going to run a few tests. I'm going to have my nurse take a few blood samples so we can check and see if there is a hormone imbalance."

"Is that- is that bad?"

"Not nessesarily. It could be bad if we let it get out of hand but since we are checking early on, it's not likely. Although, we are also going to be checking your blood sugar to see if you might have gestational diabetes. Some people develop it during pregnancy but it can go away around six weeks after the baby is born. In some cases, it may not." Dr. Williams exits and sends Theresa in. She begins preparing to take blood and Louis gets nervous.

"It's okay, love. Just look at me, yeah?"

"O-okay." He nods and looks at him.

"Don't count down when you go to put the needle in, please. It freaks him out more." The nurse nods. "Hey, Lou," he looks into his eyes and smiles, "you know you're beautiful, right? And you're so strong too." Harry says as the nurse sticks Louis. He smiles through the small pain.

"Thank you, Harry." He kisses Harry's cheek.

"I'm going to take these to the lab. I will be right back." She leaves and comes back after about 30 minutes. "You are dehydrated so we are going to run some fluids through you." She hooks him up to the IV.

"Will the baby be okay?" Louis tears up and squeezes Harry's hand. Harry just rubs his thumb along the boy's pinky.

"Well you don't show signs of gestational diabetes although the baby's growth hormones are slightly off." She pauses to look at the chart and Louis has tears streaming down his face. Harry wipes them away.

"Hey, don't cry. You're too perfect to cry. She said slightly. That's not too bad, right?" Theresa smiles.

"Although, the hormones are off, they aren't anything to worry about right now. Male pregnancies do tend to have difficulties in the beginning stages. We will check back every couple of weeks but it's nothing to worry about."

"So it's okay?"

"Yes. Nothing to worry about. We will handle everything." Both men nod. "We are going to get you more hydrated but then you're set to go home. We are going to give you some lists of foods to stay away from and others that will help the baby's growth. I'll be back with them in a minute." She exits the room and Louis starts crying.

"Baby boy, what's wrong?" Harry grabs his face gently with worried eyes.

"I just got so scared. What if the baby had been worse?"

"Don't worry about the 'what-if's' and think about how lucky we are. Louis, we are growing a baby. We made a fucking baby together," he picks up the ultrasound pictures and shows them to the boy, "look, Lou. We did that. Our sprout is so beautiful. I love them already and I love you so much too." Louis wraps his arms around the man's neck and Harry returns the gesture.

"I love you so much, haz. Like seriously so much," he mumbles into his neck. Harry pulls back to kiss him on the cheek but then returns to his spot, hugging Louis. The nurse comes in and looks at the couple with a smile. She walks up and starts to unhook the IV.

"You are ready to go. Here are the lists for the baby. Have a good day, you two." Harry grabs the lists and helps Louis out of the bed and lets him get dressed. They get back into the car and Harry starts to drive.

"Now, let's get mummy some food. Shall we?" Harry says and Louis giggles at the name. "What are you craving?"

"A milkshake."

"We can't have milkshakes for dinner, babe." Louis pouts. "Buuuut, we can have them for dessert." They both smile.

"Can you cook for me? It's my favorite."

"Of course, baby. What do you want?"

"Surprise me." Harry smiles Louis and decides to cook his favorite meal. It's difficult, but always worth it for his boy.

♡♡♡♡
A/n

What gender are you hoping the baby is?

Sorry it took so long to update. Your bitch finally got a job and is tired. as. hell. Buuuuut it pays decent soooo I bought some Gucci glasses. They came in a fucking blue and green case. No joke. I have pictures on my insta: @larrys_kissy 😋 You should give it a follow. My main too if you want:
@/therealhazzie

Love you, beautiful bitches. Byeeee.