26. The Gown

A couple weeks have passed and graduation is getting closer. Louis is having more pregnancy symptoms and is scared that it'll be too much to continue school. "Harry, I can't go today. I feel sick. I don't know what to do, Hazzie," he sobs out.

"I know, baby. Calm down for me. You graduate in a month and a half. You can do this. Maybe we need to call a doctor." Harry checks Louis' temperature but there is no fever. "I can't leave you here alone today but I've got to work. Can you please get dressed for me?" Louis wipes his tears and nods. Harry leans down and gives his belly a kiss before kissing him softly on the forehead. "Thank you, princess. I love you." He picks out a vans tee and skinnies for the boy and then dresses himself. Louis doesn't bother to shave this morning, feeling too shitty. Harry makes a small breakfast and drives them to school.

"Can I just stay in the car?"

"Baby, don't beg. We're already here. C'mon." They walk in the building and Louis is greeted by his friends, parting ways with Harry.

"Hey, Lou. We have that meeting for caps and gowns today, first period. Let's go." They proceed down the hall and go to the school library where all of the seniors and a few teachers are. There are dressed up people giving information on the gowns and class rings along with some other nonsense that Louis could care less about. Soon they're all handed packets and Louis turns to Niall.

"What's this for?"

"Did you not listen, you twit?" Louis shakes his head and Niall rolls his eyes. "You have to fill out your measurements so they can size your gown for you." Louis starts to fill out the packet and gets to the height portion. He writes 5'9 and his friends burst out laughing.

"What are you laughing at?"

Liam speaks up, "Louis, you're not 5'9."

"Bullshit. Harry measured me."

"Sorry, mate but you're 5'6 at most. If that even," Zayn remarks.

"You are assholes. I'll go ask Harry." He slams his pencil down and raises his hand.

"Yes, Tomlinson?"

"Can I use the restroom?"

"I don't know. Can you?" Not this shit. Louis rolls his eyes.

"Yes, I can." He stands up and exits the room, leaving the teacher speachless at his sassy remarks. He walks down the hallway until he finds the history classroom and peeks in. The lights are off so Harry must not have a class this hour. He makes his way to Harry's office near the field and barges in. "Harold, these assholes- oh. Hi, sir." He looks at the principal sitting in front of Harry.

"Louis, it's coach Styles. Also, watch you language or you will have detention. Why are you barging into my office?" Louis turns red and looks down. "I'm sorry, sir. Can Louis and I have a minute?" The principal nods and steps out, leaving the men alone. "What do you need?" Louis would be offended at his tone but he knows the principal is right outside the door.

"Niall, Zayn, and Liam laughed at me."

"And why'd they do that?"

"Because I wrote 5'9 for my height." Harry attempts to hold back a laugh. "What? Why're you laughing?"

"Why'd you need your height?"

"My graduation gown. They said I was 5'6, if that but obviously I'm 5'9." He gestures up and down his body and puts a hand on his hip. Harry tries to keep a straight face.

"Hmm. That's- that's interesting. Give me the papers, darling. They don't know what they're talking about. You're a big boy." Harry sets the packet on his desk. "I'll fill it out for you." He erases the 5'9 and puts a 5'6 in its place. "You can head back to the meeting, babe."

"I need the papers." Harry doesn't want Louis to see the change to keep him happy.

"I uh I'm not done filling them out. Plus the principal is right here. I can just give it to him directly."

"Fine, dickbag."

"Do you want detention?"

"If that means I'll be stuck in a classroom with you one on one, count me in." He wiggles his eyebrows and Harry clears his throat, tilting his head towards the door. "Whoopsie."

"Good bye, Lewis." Louis walks out with a skip and Harry smiles at his boy. A little lie won't hurt.

*****

School has ended and Louis is standing with his friends. He has his arms crossed and has a huge pout on his face when Harry walks up. "Hello, boys. Louis, what's wrong?"

"They're still saying I'm short. Tell them I'm 5'9." He glances between the four boys.

"Zayn, Niall, Liam. A word please. Louis, give us a moment." Louis walks away and Harry has the boys huddle together. He speaks in a whisper, "listen, Louis is small. I understand that. However, it puts a pout on his face. He believes his is 5'9 and I'd like to keep it that way. Now, unless you want to walk extra laps next practice, I suggest that we keep my boy happy. Deal?" They all nod and Harry walks over to Louis who is in his car. Harry sends pointed looks at the others. "Do you three have anything to say?" Zayn and Liam lock hands and give small apologies.

"We are sorry for calling you short, Lou. It was all in good fun." Louis smiles triumphantly before Harry looks at Niall and raises a brow.

"Horan?"

"Styles is WHIPPED!" He bursts out in a fit of laughter before Zayn smacks the back of his head. "Ouch, you fucker." He rubs the spot. "I'm sorry for calling you short, Louis." Harry gets in but before they drive off, Niall shouts, "even if it's true!" Louis flips him off through the window and Harry laughs.

"Why don't we get some icecream?" Louis' eyes light up. "I know you've been craving it. We've gone through three boxes this week." Harry reaches over and rubs Louis' tummy. Louis smiles a huge smile along with Harry.

♡♡♡♡
A/n

Hey, beautiful bitches. I'm thinking of doing around 50 chapters for this book. Opinions?