30. The Ring

"Hey, Lou. You know Mr. Irwin?"

"Yes. Why?" Louis sends Harry a questioning look.

"Well, he is a close friend of mine and I was asking if you are comfortable with me hanging out with him today."

"Haz, of course. You don't have to ask me. You're a grown man." He walks over and wraps his arms around the man's neck, planting a gentle kiss on his lips.

"Okay, I just wanted to make sure. Do mummy or sprout need anything before I leave? I already fed Kimchi." Louis smiles at the name.

"No. I'm good. I'll see you later, H. I love you."

"I love you too, princess." Harry heads out the door and towards Ashton's apartment. He had texted his friend earlier, saying he needs advice on an important topic. Ashton is the only person Harry trusts with this information since they have been friends since they were young boys. Once he arrives, Ashton greets him at the door. He invites him in and they sit on his sofa.

"What's up, mate? Is everything alright?"

"Yeah. It's been a while since we last hung out. A lot has happened. I can tell you anything, right?"

"Your secrets are safe with me." Harry lets out a puff of air.

"Is it wrong?"

"What do you mean?"

"My life. My choices."

"I mean, I wouldn't say wrong. Why?" He sends Harry a confused look.

"You know how I've been dating a student?" Ashton nods. "Well he just graduated. He was in one of your classes."

"No shit? Who? Harry you've got to tell me now. I've been dying for months." Harry had told Ashton about his relationship with a student. He has given every detail except who he was with.

"It's Louis." Ashton's eyes widen.

"Tomlinson?" Harry nods. "Holy shit. You've got yourself a little twink, huh? I will say, he's got a nice ass." He nudges Harry's shoulder and smirks.

"Alright, alright. Enough of that." Harry laughs.

"That can't be all you wanted to tell me, right?" He shakes his head and Ashton's curiosity grows.

"I want to marry him." Ashton goes silent for a few minutes.

"You don't think it's too soon?"

"Here's the thing..." Harry pulls the ultrasound photos from his wallet. "He is pregnant. I've wanted to propose for a while but I've been scared. We haven't been together long but we are having a baby. I just know know, Ash. I love this kid and our little sprout. I just want to-" Ashton puts his hand over Harry's mouth.

"You're rambling. If you want to marry him, go for it. How far along is he?"

"A little over 4 months."

"Do you know the gender?"

"Not yet. Louis wanted a surprise. But I noticed something weird. They said the baby is small but look over here." He points to a little spot by the fetus and it looks like a third hand.

"Woah. You might wanna get that checked out, man. Like is it deformed?"

"Heyyyy. Don't say that. We could get it fixed. I just don't think the nurse noticed. She seemed like she was having a rough day."

"You need to show Louis. How do you plan on proposing?"

"I don't know yet. I want you to help me plan it. A few of his friends know about our relationship so I want them in on it too." They spend the next few hours discussing the proposal without anything Harry liked. It has to be perfect. "What if he says no. Like, what if he freaks out and leaves because it's too soon?" Ashton jumped and smiles, slapping Harry's arm with a lot of energy. "Jesus Christ. What are you doing that for?"

"I have an idea."

"Well spit it out, dipshit."

"Don't propose." Harry goes to talk but Ashton interupts. "Ah ah ah. Let me finish. Don't propose as in marriage. Propose with a promise ring and see how he reacts."

"No fucking way. You're a genius. That's perfect!" Harry stands up and pulls his friend out of the door. "We have to get a ring."

*****

The arrive at the store and Harry begins looking at the rings. Ashton points out a few but Harry rolls his eyes. Only the best for his boy. He soon decides on a black ring with a big white diamond. He gets it engraved with 'All the love, H.' It comes out perfect and Harry sets his plan in motion.

*****

Harry takes Louis to an expensive restaurant that Louis has been dying to try. He gets exited and hugs Harry, planting what seemed like a milling kisses on Harry's face. Once they get half way through their meals, Harry stands up and then goes down on one knee. Louis' eyes widen. "Louis Tomlinson, my baby, my princess, my love."

"Haz, what's going on?" Louis has tears forming already. He can't believe this is happening.

"I love you with all my heart. I know we haven't been together long, but you are carrying my child. Whether it be a he or she, I will love them with everything I have. I'm not asking you to marry me just yet..." Louis looks slightly disappointed but still happy which Harry takes note of. "but I am making a promise. I'm making a promise to take care of you for as long as you let me. I'm promising to love you, sprout, and our future children until the day I die. I am in love with you and all of your little things. I promise to protect you and keep you close to me. I promise to make you happy and keep you healthy. I promise to provide for you and treat you like a prince. No, a princess. You deserve the best. I know that may not be me, but I will give you the best of me." Louis has tears streaming down his face. "Louis, do you accept my promise?"

"Yes, Harry. I love you so fucking much." He dives into the man's arms and they both fall in the floor. Everyone looks their way because they are rolling around in the floor like idiots but neither of them care. They laugh and sit up. Harry takes Louis' hand and slides the ring on his finger, leaving a kiss on top of it. Louis pauses to take several pictures, sending his favorite to Niall, Liam, Zayn, and Hope.

"I love you too, blue." Harry helps him up and hugs him, Louis wrapping his arms around Harry and snaking his hands into his hair. He nuzzles his face into Harry's neck and whispers in his ear.

"I can't wait to marry you, Harry." Harry knows they are ready and he feels his heart warm up.

♡♡♡♡
A/n

Oh shit. How do you feel about this chapter?

I love you, beautiful bitches. Until next time 💙💚