34. The Nursery

Seven months. Louis is seven months pregnant and they have nothing prepared. Today is Harry and Louis' only day off work this week and to say Louis is freaking out would be an understatement. "Harry, where are the keys?!"

"Calm down, baby. I'm getting dressed then I'll look in my study. We have two more months to prepare, love."

"Not if they come early, Harold. I'll go check your study."

"WAIT!!" Harry takes a moment to collect himself, "I mean like... don't go in there."

"Why not? Are you hiding something from me?" Louis starts towards the room and Harry runs after him, still pulling his pants up and stumbling."

"I.. I smoke in there you don't need the fumes." Louis crosses his arms, not believing it. "Okay, I mean Kimchi pooped in there and the babies don't need the bacteria reaching them."

"Harry, what the fuck are you on about? I work in a fucking pet store." Harry walks up to him and cups both sides of Louis' tummy.

"Language, princess. We have little ears." Louis rolls his eyes. "Just trust me, baby. C'mon. Let's go get some baby things." Harry grabs Louis' hand and walks him out of the door. They drive around until they find a place worthy of shopping at for the babies. They end up going to a strip mall, picking up things here and there.

"Harry, we need this!" Louis reaches for a double pram with a blue base and green sun shield. "Look!" He tries to pick it up.

"Careful, careful. Can't pick stuff up like that, Lou. I've got it."

"Where are we going to put everything?"

"I've got it handled. Don't stress your pretty little head about it, yeah?"

"But-" Harry puts his finger over Louis' mouth.

"I've got it, baby. Find things you like and I'll find a place for them." After shopping for a few more hours, Louis' gets tired and his feet hurt. Harry takes him home and runs him a bath. He lets he boy soak for a while. After he is done, he helps Louis out of the bath and gets him a soft blue robe, laying him on the bed and rubbing his feet. "Feel better, love?"

"Much."

"Good. You have a nap. I'm going for a shower and a wee."

"Hopefully not in that order?"

"Of course in that order. I like to aim for the drain." Louis cringes.

"You better bleach the bath when you're done." They both laugh and Harry heads off. Once Louis hears the water run, his mind starts wandering. Why can't Louis go in Harry's study? Is he hiding something? Is the stress too much so he is packing his things and leaving? Louis can't stand the thoughts running through his brain so he gets up. He ties his robe and slides in some slippers, tip-toeing his way through the hall. He gets to the door and tries to open it. Locked. "What the bloody fucking shit?" He reaches for the top of the door frame because that's where Harry hides the keys, knowing Louis can't reach. He goes into the guest bathroom and grabs a step stool, taking it to the door and grabbing the key. He tries the door again. "Yes!" He opens it with hesitation. Anything could be behind this door. He expects to see Harry's little man cave but when he flips the light on, he wasn't expecting this at all. Harry's desk is gone. The big chair is gone. Harry's favorite little knick-knacks and his guitar... all gone. The dark wood floor has been replaced with a dark grey carpet. The walss have been painted white. There are two cribs, a decking chair, a cute little rug, shelves with beautiful decor.

 There are two cribs, a decking chair, a cute little rug, shelves with beautiful decor

Harry did this. He wasn't hiding something horrible. He was surprising Louis. His eyes start to well up with tears as he walks around the room. He touches everything around. The rug is so soft. The chair is comfy. The cribs are safe and have plush little mattresses. It's better than Louis could have ever imagined and he couldn't be happier. His emotions are out of control. "How did I get this lucky?" He cries until he feels arms wrap around him.

"You like it?" Louis turns around in his arms and grabs Harry's face, kissing him passionately.

"I love it, Harry. I love it so much." He wraps his arms around his neck and Harry buries his face in Louis' hair. "I love you so much."

"I love you too." Louis backs up with a sad look.

"What about your study? All of your favorite things were in here."

"Well, I got something better. The only three things I need in my life are in this room right now."

"But you loved this room, haz."

"I love you more," he cups Louis' belly and bends down to kiss it. "You are my favorite thing, Louis, and you're carrying my other two favorite things. As long as I have you and our sprouts, I don't need anything else. I'd give anything away if it kept you happy." He presses a soft kiss to Louis' forehead.

"I couldn't have asked for anyone better to marry. Thank you, Harry."

"That rhymed." Harry smiles and laughs and Louis pokes his chest.

"You big goof."

"So, how'd you get in here anyway?"

"I grabbed the key."

"Bullllllll shiiiitttt," Harry laughs, "you can't reach that with heels on."

"Well not all of us are oafs."

"Heyyyyy." Louis stares at him with the most fond in his eyes. "You're beautiful, you know that?" Louis blushes and looks down, Harry grabs his chin and makes him look up. "I'm serious, Lou. I know you think you're fat because of the babies but you're not. You have two humans inside of you. Plus, even if you looked like Jabba the Hutt, I'd still love you."

"Ew. Jabba, really?" He laughs and Harry shrugs.

"You don't though. You're a sexy little hedgehog."

"'Hedgehog' and 'sexy' should never be used in the same sentence. Now 'sexy' and 'frog' on the other hand..." They both cackle.

"I guess we are having a couple of hedgefrogs, huh?" Louis giggles and kisses Harry, resting their heads together and smiling.

"I guess we are."

♡♡♡♡
A/n

Sorry. This chapter was quite shit.

I GOT LOUIS TICKETS. Also, I need a phone buttttt Harry is releasing his your tickets soon sooooo I guess a phone can wait. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Anywhore, how are you guys? Are you eating? Are you happy?

I love you. Have good days/nights.