32. The Mistake & Proposal

Louis looks in the mirror, unhappy with his appearance. His belly has been growing at a rapid rate that isn't normal so Harry called the baby doctor. Last appointment, they said the baby was too small so how the fuck is he getting this big? He goes to jump onto the bed but stubs his toe instead. "Fuck! Shit. Ow. Ow. Ow," he cries loudly. He sits on the bed and grabs his foot crying. He hears fast footsteps running up the stairs. Before he can look up, Harry is kneeling in front of him with worried eyes and Kimchi is on the bed sniffing her owner. He searches all around the boy for blood.

"Baby, what's wrong? Are you hurt? Fuck, is sprout okay? What happe-"

"Harry, I'm fine. I stubbed me toe." Harry releases a breath of air he didn't know he was holding.

"Thank God." He hugs the boy and pulls him close to him on top of the bed, Kimchi sliding her way in-between them. After laughing at the cute pup, Harry says, "Are you ready for the appointment?"

"Yeah. I wanna know why I'm getting so fucking fat. It's gross."

"Louis Tomlinson. Stop that right now. You are beautiful. Not fat. You are full of baby." Louis rolls his eyes but proceeds to get dressed and they head to the appointment. They sit in the waiting room until they're called back. The nurse asks what's wrong. "Louis' belly has been getting bigger and we don't know if it's normal. That sounds stupid. Like it's growing really fast. Also, I think the baby has a third hand." She looks confused and then Harry shows her the picture from his wallet.

"Okay. Louis, lay down please. This will be cold." She puts the gel on his belly and rubs the tool around until a picture pops up on the screen. Her eyes widen. "I-I'm so sorry," she stutters. Louis tears up.

"What? What's going on?"

"I've made a mistake... Let me get the doctor." She exits and Louis breaks down.

"Harry, is our baby okay?" He doesn't know what to say so he just wipes the boy's tears along with his own and kisses his forehead.

"Don't worry, baby. Everything will be okay." He intertwines their fingers and kisses his hand. Dr. Williams enters the room.

"Hello, Mr. Tomlinson. Don't get upset yet. Let me take a look at some things. Theresa didn't mean to frighten you." He grabs the tool and looks at the picture on the screen. He stares for a minute before clearing his throat and looking at the two men in front of him. "Your baby seems to be healthy. The thing is, there isn't just one."

"One what?" Harry asks.

"One baby. You are having twins." The doctor points to the screen.

He continues to say, "that would explain why the baby was so small

He continues to say, "that would explain why the baby was so small. Twins tend to be smaller throughout the whole pregnancy and even after birth but eventually grow to normal size outside of the womb. As for the third hand, you were just seeing baby number two's hand. Your belly growing so fast is obviously because rather than one fetus, you have two. I don't know how we overlooked that last time. I am sorry for the worries." He turns to exit but pauses, "Also, your due date is December 8th!" The doctor smiles and leaves. Louis sobs into Harry's chest.

"Baby, what's wrong?" He wraps his arm around him. Louis looks up with bright eyes and teary blue meets green.

"Our babies are okay, Harry. Our babies!" He smiles big and Harry can see that they are now tears of joy.

"I know, Lou. Starting off with a big family."

"But are you- are you upset?" He questions with a worried look.

"No, love. I'm perfect. You are perfect. This is perfect. We get to meet our babies in a few months." They both smile and Louis has never felt so in love. "Hey, Lou?"

"Yeah?" Harry plays with the ring on Louis' finger.

"You know how I made a promise to you?" Louis smiles.

"Of course."

"Well, I wanted to see how you would react if I did the whole proposal thing. It went really well and..." He pauses.

"And what?"

"And... I want you to marry me." Louis sits up straight.

"Wait what?"

"I want you to marry me, Louis. I want you to be my fiance. My future husband."

"Are you serious?!" He grins widely.

"Yes," he grabs a box similar to the first out of his pocket and opens it. This time revealing a silver ring with a big diamond in the middle, surrounded by several smaller ones. "I wanted to do something bigger but seeing you here, like this with our babies, I just couldn't wait so... Louis, will you marry me?" Louis jumps out of the bed and into the man's arms.

"Yes! Yes! Yes, Harry! I love you." Kiss. "I love you." Kiss. "I love you." Kiss. They both giggle and stare into each other's eyes, their faces red and wet from crying happy tears. Harry puts the promise ring on a chain and puts it around Louis' neck, then slides the engagement ring onto his finger.

"I'm sorry it was so sudden. I was going to wait until after the sprout, well sprouts, were born. It was going to be big and beautiful."

"No, Harry. This was perfect. I wouldn't have it any other way." They embrace each other for a few minutes until the doctor walks in to dismiss them. He prints out the pictures and the two lovers walk out, happier than ever. Harry takes this opportunity to take Louis out to where they had their first date. This time to relive the moment but happier and more free. This time, not with the boy who he had small feelings for but with the boy carrying his children. With the boy he is in love with. They arrive and Louis takes in the restaurant, memories flooding in. "Harry, is this Gloria?"

"Yes. Where we had our first official date. I want to live the moment again with you." They get to their seat, the same one they had last time.

"Looks like we made it, Haz."

"Look how far we've come, my baby," Harry says, caressing Louis' cheek.

♡♡♡♡
A/n

THE BABY IS HEALTHY! OR SHOULD I SAY BABIES?!

Opinions on this chapter? Are y'all excited?

Wowieee. Harry looked hot as fuck today and Louis was fucking adorable. Also hot tho. Harry was also adorable. What the fuck.

I love youuu, bitchess. You're beautiful.