28. The Graduation

Louis and Harry are getting ready for the graduation and Louis is trying to not let his nerves get the best of him. "Haz, what if they see my bump?"

"I've told you a million times, baby. It's not noticeable yet."

"But what if I-"

"Lou, you won't vomit on stage."

"How did you know what I was going to say?" He crosses his arms. Harry looks at him and shakes his head with a small smile.

"Because you've been saying it for the past week. Listen, lovebug, you'll be fine. You should be happy. It's a big day. You're graduating!" He reaches over to caress the lad's belly. "And you're two months today along today." Louis smiles brightly and they continue to get ready.

"Should I shave?" Louis rubs the scruff on his face and pouts.

"I like it. Makes you look handsome and rugged. I also like the long hair." He ruffles Louis' hair with his hand.

"Are you sure?" Harry walks behind the boy and looks at him in the mirror, wrapping his arms around his waist.

"I'm positive, baby. Don't worry your pretty little head." Louis leans into his touch and turns around to kiss the taller man.

"I love you."

"I love you too, boo," he laughs, "it rhymed."

"You dork. Let's go." They get in the car and drive to the high school. Once they arrive, they walk into the gym. Louis puts on his cap and gown and Harry pats his back.

"You've got this, doll." He blows him a kiss and walks to the teacher section. After what feels like forever, Louis is lined up at the door behind some other students. He soon starts walking and stops under an arch to get his picture taken. Finally, he arrives at his seat and waits for the others to arrive. They all sit down and Louis almost falls asleep listening to everyone's speech. He snaps out of his day dream when everyone stands. Names are being called and Louis' starts to get nervous. He feels his phone vibrate and checks it.

Texting Haz 💚...

Haz 💚:
I can see you nerves. Relax, beautiful. You'll do absolutely perfect.

He smiles and shuts off his phone, looking towards Harry who is giving him a thumbs up. He looks up to see who is next. Fuck. There is one more person in front of him. He makes his way to the stage as his name is called. He walks up a few stairs and looks around the room. This is it. He steps closer and shakes the principal's hand whilst grabbing his diploma with the other. He looks towards the camera and freezes, the photographer telling him to smile. He looks around and sees Harry, who shoots him a sly wink causing him to smile a genuine smile. "Perfect!" He takes a deep breathe and walks off the stage. A few more names are called and everyone gets their diplomas.

"Congratulations, former students. You may now turn your tassels." Once the tassels are turned, the Senior song plays and everyone throws their caps and cheers. They shed their gowns and go back to their seats after chatting and prepare for the teacher's speeches to congratulate certain students that they feel excelled. Niall got called for Maths. Liam got called for history and Zayn for English. Louis didn't pay attention to the rest. All of the teachers were done so Louis grabbed his stuff, then he hears the principal speak again. "We have one more speech. I chose this man to give it because he is always here when we need him and I feel he is the best choice to give the final congratulations. He takes everything we throw to him. He started as a coach, then lead our board meetings, and even became a substitute teacher without preparation. Mr. Styles!" He waves him to the stage and the man walks up proudly.

"Hello everybody. I'm Harry Styles. I've worked for this school for a little while now and I've got to say, the senior class this year is the best group of young men and women I've ever met. I've seen them grow physically, academically, and emotionally. I'm so proud to see them move up in their lives. Anyway, I'd love to sit here and brag on every student, although, I was told to only pick one. At the beginning of the year, I had no clue who I would pick. There was one boy who caught my eye. He was always so bright and happy. His smile was brighter than the sun, but one day he didn't show up. And one day turned into a couple of weeks. Eventually he came back but his smile had faded. He was always the best on the team. It was hard losing our star player. After a couple of months, he joined the team again. I understood that he needed recovery. He needed someone to talk to. After being back on the football team, his smile came back. Not fully, but still some. I talked to him and our relationship grew. He slowly smiled more and more. He opened up to me and I saw how smart he was. How caring and kind. He has such a beautiful soul and even when he lost the most important person in his life, he fought through it. This boy is outstanding. I'm so happy that I could help bring that smile that blesses everyone who sees it back. He has helped me grow as a person and he brings joy to all of those around him." At this point, Louis had tears in his eyes. He sniffled and Harry made eye contact with him, smiling. "Louis Tomlinson, please come to the stage." He wiped his tears as the whole crowd cheered. Once Louis got on stage, he tackled the man in a hug and they whispered 'I love you' to each other. "Thank you students, parents, and teachers for giving us an amazing year." He blew kisses to the crowd. Louis got his stuff ready to leave and go home. It was an amazing night but he wished his family could have been there. He goes to walk towards the door but Harry grabs his arm. "Where are you going, love?"

"I was going to the car."

"Not so fast. I have some people for you." Louis is confused but Harry drags him away before he can argue. When they stop, Louis looks up and sees his dad and sisters.

"You made it!" They all gather into one big hug and at this point, Louis is sobbing.

"You're mother would have been so proud, Lou. I know she is smiling down on us right now." He smiles and wipes his tears.

"I love you guys so much. God I've missed you." His voice cracks and they hug him longer. "How long are you in town?"

"A couple of days. I cancelled a business trip. This was more important. I'm proud of you, son."

"We are proud of you too, Bubba." Lottie says and they all gather in a hug. This was the perfect way to end the night.

♡♡♡♡
A/n

Hey, beautiful bitches. I decided to do a quick update. It would have been sooner but my brother has to go to a get better place. He was feeling suicidal. He is finally home and happy so that's good. Anyway, I love you guys.

What do you want to see in future chapters?