Blue Heart

IMPORTANT: Back again after some dumbass decided to ignore the first paragraph of A/N in the FIRST CHAPTER and labelled the book queer baiting.

Like jesus. Thanks I guess??

AGAIN. FAKEOUT. NOT. QUEER. BAITING. If you still get upset after this I really have fucking nothing to say.

Hopefully this will shut people up from making accusations without reading through shit.

Sincerely,
A very fucking annoyed author coming back from hiatus after years to write this in 2022 xoxo

———

99 lives remaining.

A cold voice announced that I had died once more. This time, I only had myself to blame.

"Oooooh, kssssh." I gasped as I pulled myself out of the indentation I had made in the metal, the phantom pain still putting me in a momentary daze.

I was back in my human form once more.

"God damn!" I cursed as I stretched my muscles, cursing my idiocy as I sat up to catch my breath.

I found myself beside a pool of water tinted aquamarine blue, seemingly illuminating the dark space despite there being no light.

Looking up, I could only see darkness. The hole had opened into a cavern. The once stuffy heat had seemingly disappeared, replaced with an air of coolness and freshness.

Taking out a flagon, I dipped it into the water and collected a sample. Looking in, it still glowed. Whatever the hell was making it glow, I didn't know.

In the cavern, there was no other exit. Merely this pool. Leaving the hole now was nigh impossible. I'd probably die from exhaustion before I even reached a fifth of the way up before plummeting back down.

"Well, only one way left to go."

Unfortunately, none of my forms worked well underwater per say and swimming down would prove to be a hassle so I summoned the statue and some thick rope.

Tying the rope to the statue tightly, I tied the other end to my waist. Conjuring a bubble of air around my head, I picked up the statue and unceremoniously dunked the both of us into the water, the statue quickly dragging me down into the deep abyss.

As I descended further, I heard a voice. Not Tom's, it was an unfamiliar one. But I sensed no malice.

Little one, just where did you come from? Do you even know where you are headed?

"Of course not. That's the beauty of it, I want to find out." I replied casually. The guy seemed like a pleasant person to talk to so I took my chances.

If you are looking for riches or exits, you will be sorely disappointed. There are none. Only the—Wait! This cannot be! Do my eues deceive me? The Heart of Amare? Hahaha! My son can be saved! My son can be saved! Oh the Heavens pity me!

"Excuse me?" My words came out as more of a question than anything. The voice had turned from a solemn and regal one to a joyful, almost maniacal one.

Little one, if you can save my son, I will grant you my most prized possession!

"Hold up old man. What the hell are you even talking about—Ah shi—" At this point in time, the water suddenly tapered off and I was thrown onto the floor for the second time today.