Tranquil Days

A/N: The this chapter along with the next two chapters I'm releasing at the same time have only been lightly edited with a quick glance over so do forgive me for any spelling/grammatical errors! I'll do a thorough edit on Friday (17th May) as it's already 11:00 Pm where I'm at and I have the last three mid-year examination papers tomorrow.

---

After that battle ended, the world was silent, sea having calmed down. No cheers, no hurrahs. Just us two leaving silently, hand in hand. We decided on one thing: No more fighting for a while at least.

Afterwards, we headed to a small mortal village and quietly settled down. Like temporary headquarters, to cool off and calm down from the hectic fight. I traded for 2 Second Skin imprints from Transmuator to mask our identities to prevent anyone who wanted to disturb us from ever finding us, using two aliases: Emma Smith for me and Violet Dale for Charlie.

The villagers here were rather warm and welcoming, treating us two well. It felt like we had become part of a big family.

After a few months of silence, finally, Tom broke it. I never thought this game would end this quickly and so anticlimactically. No, this won't do. Why don't I make this a little more challenging for you in exchange for more power?

I don't mind. Shoot.

Your goal now is to kill Vivian Arian. She is a rank 49 magister, a single step away from demigod status and the strongest one among mortals. You may think this world is barren. But I'll clue you in: There's more than one dimension. Of course, to escape this one, you'll need to break through to rank 12. I wonder, how would you even accomplish this monumental task? I look forward to it Artemis. Of course, I have another gamble you might be interested in.

I sucked in a deep breath. Finally, an actual number. Rank 50 would mean I was a demigod. But here I was, not even a fifth of the way there. How long would it take, I wondered. Shaking my head, I inquired,"Gamble? Try me."

You like power don't you?

"Of course. Who doesn't?"

Then, in exchange for power, let's crank the risk factor up to 10. I'll reduce your lives down to 10. They'll take 1,000,000 souls each. But I'll make it interesting. I'll reduce the cooldown for La Bestia and grant you a more powerful version, letting you jump 4 ranks. Of course, I'll add in a little something something to sweeten the deal for you. How does another imprint sound?

"Oh you know me too well. Let's gamble."

---

Two years later.

It had been about three years since I left my old world for this one, my memories of Earth were already getting fuzzy and two since Charlie and I stepped into this village. But whatever. Right now, I was contented,"Hey! Hey! Miss Violet! Miss Emma! Can you tell us a story?" As we were sitting down having our lunch at the small shop we'd grown accustomed to, the shop owners Gregory Jones and Martha Jones' two twins ran up to us.

They were twin, one male the other female, both 10 years old. Immature, innocent, adorable and impish. We'd grown a little fond of them,"You two! Don't bother them while they're eating! Sorry about that missies!"

Charlie chuckled, patting their heads,"Don't worry about it Mrs Jones, we don't mind it, really. You two wanna hear a story, hm? Which one?"