Some Fun

Morning.

Soft. Warm.

I found myself in a tight embrace, body pressed tightly to his. Peppermint with hints of musk. I inhaled deeply—It truly was an intoxicating scent.

Eyes shut in peaceful slumber,"I wonder how you taste..." I muttered to myself as I stared at his lips.

"I like you," I whispered quietly,"You're handsome and cute. Frank and simple. I want—"

"Morning A—"

"AHHHH!"

Thud!

I shrieked madly like a banshee upon seeing his eyes open, turning away to run only to end up crashing onto the cold wooden floor having fallen off the bed.

"Artemis!"

"I-I'm okay," I calmed my palpitating heart, blood rushing to my cheeks,"I need to use the washroom! I'll be back!"

What's wrong with me these days? Where's the confident and ruthless murderer? Fuck, man. I need to grow some balls back or something.

I groaned to myself as I sat on the toilet as the realisation that I couldn't grow balls seeing as I wasn't of the male gender sank in.

I undressed,"Maybe a cold shower'll help."

———

I stepped out of the bathroom,"Morning!" Acting as if absolutely nothing had happened.

Lucius paused, staring at me,"W-Why're you looking at me like that? Is there something on my face?"

He shook his head hurriedly,"No! No! It's just...I think Artemis looks very pretty."

I'd gotten some clothes from a tailor yesterday by my design and standards alongside a bit of makeup. After all, which girl didn't like dolling up every once in a while?

I was dressed in a simple unadorned white shirt and denim overalls shorts that reached just above mid-thigh. While it seemed to be the norm and a lasting fashion trend here, it was a new style in this world where most were rather conservative in nature, wearing long dresses and petticoats akin to Victorian era stuff.

As we were standing around awkwardly, a knock on the door sounded,"I'll get it!" I answered hurriedly, rushing to the door to avoid making eye contact. I found myself face to face with Sage Vita.

He stared at me for a solid minute, stunned or something, cheeks reddened before I snapped him out of his reverie,"Stared enough?"

"Huh? Oh! I-I apologise it's—Ah never mind. Uh um, I'm here...To...Right! Yes! I'm here to pass you this," He took out an envelope,"A gift from my father."

"Why would your father give me a gift?"

"Well, he wishes to meet you for a potential transaction, much like how you worked with Julius."

"Come in." I gestured with my head to enter and closed the door behind him, flopping onto the bed with the envelope. Inside, three more imprints greeted me. For some reason, a foreboding feeling welled within me.

As I read the instructions, I listened on.

"We are facing the threat of the Wallaby Sect. They are..." Alas, my attention was diverted by the alluring sight of three imprints:

All or Nothing: Apply to the right thigh. Allows the switch between 1kg, normal mass and 10,000kg. Minimal continuous mana drain. It was an imprint of a stone feather.

Peace & Quiet: Apply to left thigh. Summons an adjustable opaque sphere of 10m to 1km diameter where nothing can enter and exit. Large singular mana consumption upon summon. Lasts until the user dies or at most 20 minutes. It was an imprint of a purple orb.