Unsettled

"Decipher." As I blinked, the world turned from solid objects and light to a sort of elementary vision. It was ineffable, nearly impossible to describe with words. The best way I could even come close to describing it would be binary. Just like information could be relayed through a complex series of ones and zeroed, this imprint had allowed me to view the world as such, simplifying it.

I was something no one even thought about in this world for a simple reason: Binary didn't even exist here.

To decipher 'any language' was vague. Too general. After all, everything could considered language right? Binary, body language, information—Everything. The only problem was—

"Hoo!" I cancelled the imprint, breathing heavily. The mana drain was really too much.

"Hey hey hey! Why're you still messing around with that dumb imprint? You've been doing it for two weeks now and I'm getting bored!" A complaining Charlie bounced on the bed hyperactively,"Don't you just wanna go out there and do something fun? C'mon! Let's go destroy some cities! Kill a few people! Live a little! Loot a little! Laugh a little! Ooh, I know! I heard the hot springs in Tali are to die for! Hows about we go there? What about the city in the sky?"

"Are you always like this? Good god. How do the people around you get peace and quiet with you being so bouncy?"

"I'm usually very calm! Dunno why, I always feel very hyperactive around you! Maybe it's loveee~!"

"Get real," I absorbed a few more mana stones to replenish my mana before trying again,"Decipher."

Snapping my fingers a small fireball formed before me. In my eyes, it was like a three-dimensional ball of information, making it easy to spot flaws,"Now if I inject mana at this point—"

Fsssssh!

The ball fizzled out instantly, as if a great force had crushed it. Waving my hand, a hundred droplets formed into different shapes and sizes, letting me analyse their structure,"I can hit this from here. That one from this angle. This one doesn't require too much force. More torque on that one?" After 10 minutes, my mana had been drained once more.

"I wanna go out! Out, Artemis! Can we? Can we? Let's kill something already? Ooh! Maybe we can shop? Let's go shopping! Or eating! I like food, maybe a tarvy roll? Deep sea noodles?"

Her words made me remember,"Deep sea, huh? I suppose it is a little boring. But I'm too lazy to move right now. I came here to gamble, sit by the beach, train and sleep for a month."

"It's already been half a month!" She huffed,"Didn't you say relationships were a two-way street? You need to give and take! And I wanna go out!"

"If we're going out, I want to make it productive. Are you afraid of water by any chance?"

"I'm not afraid of anything! Wherever you want to go, let's go!"

"I previously went to Ypogeios before heading to Shellsby. I don't mind going again."

Hearing that word, Charlie was taken aback,"Ah? Ypogeios? I-I don't think we should visit there! Scary scary!" She made an 'X' with her arms,"I am scared of nothing but Ypogeios!"

"Then," I took out the two oceanic medallions,"What about a city underwater?"

Her eyes were full of surprise,"How did you get your hands on that? I tried to buy one for a billion mana stones and they declined! But you actually have two? Just how did you do it?"