Profit

Coming to the Island of Cretia to relax, to not gamble was akin to going to a swimming pool and not swimming—It made no sense.

Luckily, this little ring of mine had at least two billion gold and at about million mana stones. While I definitely couldn't compare to 'Big Rich' the de facto leader here, I would definitely be counted among the richest of the bunch. After all, the money had come from pillaging and ransacking a city.

Gold, as I had found out, was the equivalent of a £1000 note of legal tender so I suppose I could be deemed a multi-billionaire back on earth. Not that it mattered anyway seeing that it would be worthless seeing as no one other than Arakan and I were survivors from the disaster. I sure as hell wasn't going to repopulate the planet. Besides, you needed at least twenty-six people for sufficient diversity or all you'd end up with down the line were bags of meat with a thousand and one genetic fuck-ups.

So, being rich, I wanted to splurge a little,"I want to exchange a hundred thousand gold. And a thousand in tens." Depositing the money into the same machine as in the hotel, ten black chips greeted me, each labelled 10,000 in bold white alongside a bag of a hundred green chips labelled 10.

Satisfied, I turned my head to the variety of games. Most notably, slots and other machineries did not exist. The poker cards weren't exactly the same. Clubs was replaced by a star, diamonds by a coin, spades with a sword whilst the heart remained the same. The joker hadn't appeared in the decks, king remained the same whilst the queen and jack had switched to the cavalier and knave respectively. The ace was switched to a dragon. Dice, however, remained six-sided.

The casino games were rather reminiscent of games back when humans were in the early stages where they hadn't even begun construction on a moon base yet.

I was by no means some expert gambler so I went with the simplest game of luck: Sic bo.

Sitting down, a familiar board sat before me. I decided to go big for the first one and try my luck. Go big or go home right?

Two others were at the table. The more 'experienced' ones were playing cards since there was a stereotype of these games being pure luck being seen as meant for beginners.

Laying down five purple chips on triple three, I looked at the '1 wins 180' sign just above. The other two gasped at this play, one muttering 'beginners' and the other just shaking his head and placing ten greens on the total sum being 9.

The dealer took up the three dices and placed them into a trinket which vibrated. The dices shook inside for a moment before—

I blinked,"Surely not..."

One three...Two threes...Three threes...Holy shit.

The dealer maintained his cool, keeping the five purple chips and sliding me nine chips carved from diamond, a golden imprint of '1,000,000' on it before giving the other man who betted on total sum being nine, 7 purple chips. The man and woman stared at me, absolutely dumbfounded.

I shrugged,"Beginners' luck." Sliding a diamond chip onto triple one, I really didn't expect much.

The dice rolled once more and—

Triple ones.

In an instant, a ruby chip with 100,000,000 on it and eighty diamond chips appeared, making me rather speechless. I was drawing quite a bit of attention already.

In less than a few minutes, I had quite literally nearly increased my bet by two thousand times to nearly 190,000,000 gold.

"What sort of dumb luck is this?" I kept the purple and green chips, staring at the small pile before me worth 189,000,000.