Option 1001

"She's waiting inside, miss."

Nodding to the man, I opened the door to the only room on this floor of the most luxurious restaurant on Sinphony, the Cornucopia.

Just who is this person? Being able to book this room is no joke. A million gold a dish? Insane.

As I closed the door behind me, I found myself nailed to the wall faster than I could react, a muffled groan greeting me as the figure licked my neck,"I've waited so long for you...Haaa..."

"E-Excuse me?" Had I stumbled upon a voyeur? An exhibitionist? Masochist maybe? Whatever she was, I was not going to entertain her sexual desires. Alas, she was far stronger. My struggles remained futile as I finally got a glance at her face.

Green irises glazed over, a loose bronze circlet around her head of blueish-black hair, two green moon earrings dangling from her earlobes. Her nose was petite, eyebrows plucked neatly and lips visible wet. Light freckles dotted her pink cheeks.

She was, in every sense of the word: Mesmerising.

She licked her lips, a sense of imminent crisis welling up within me. This was the look of someone who stared at prey. Not prey for killing. A prey for lust.

"Let go of me! Amplify!" I put everything to strength and at 87 triangles, barely managed to repel her by a bit

Her eyes flashed with surprise before they were clouded over with wanton desire,"You're rather strong for a rank 4. Makes me want you even more."

Realising that resisting her directly was not an option, I smashed my head agains the wall, intense pain racking me as panic hit her like a truck,"Stop!" In her moment of hesitation, I switched everything to speed and dashed to the opposite end of the room, breathing heavily. It seemed she didn't want to hurt me,"Decipher." I muttered under my breath before shouting at her,"I'm going to break this building and jump off if you try anything funny!"

I saw panic, hesitation and fear. She wanted to move but chose not to. After a moment, she seemed to regain her calm before swiftly turning into a garbled mess as she shouted a flustered apology,"I-I'm so sorry for my actions! Please forgive me! I didn't mean to hurt you! Please don't leave—"

"Wait! Keep quiet for a moment!" I cut her off. While I was still reeling from her actions and power, I managed to keep my calm,"Let's start this over. Why exactly did you assault me the moment I entered?"

She expressed disbelief,"Did you not feel it? The connection?"

"Connection? Listen lady, I-I'm not into roleplaying as a masochistic damsel in distress. I don't know you so could you be less vague?"

She frowned,"I suppose I'm the trelós and you're the amathis then."

"Huh?" The cryptic way she spoke was beginning to get on my nerves,"Listen, I don't want to start any trouble. Just let me g—"

"No! You can't go!"

I sighed,"Why not?"

Her frown got deeper before she pointed to her collarbone,"What are you..." She pulled down her dress' collar, revealing a red heart.

Every single intense feeling of utmost joy, bliss, rapture, euphoria began to overwhelm my head before—

God dammit not this shit again!

I slammed the brakes on my emotions.

Two times was enough. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. There would be no third time.

"I apologise. But I'm not looking for a soulmate right now." I spoke these words with difficulty. My mind screaming at me to take them back.

"W-Wuh—What?" The shock and overwhelming sorrow she displayed only magnified this regret that had piled so quickly,"Y-You don't feel...it? B-But..."

"I don't li...I don't li—li—li—" My brows knitted. My mouth refused to work with me. I couldn't say those words no matter how much strength I was putting to force my mouth to move.

Ohoho. What do we have here, another lover? What will you do Artemis? Take the risk and once more delve into this nonsensical feeling or simply break the curse?

"Break the curse?"

She's vulnerable. Broken. Don't you see? Attacking now at full strength would kill her without a doubt. Doing so would most definitely get rid of that little imprint there. Of course, it's one thing for me to say it. I doubt you have the willpower to break such a powerful curse.

"Listen," I spoke very carefully,"I was cursed with this...This heart. I mean you no ill will, alright? Just—Let me go, we'll head our separate ways and—"

"NO!" In a blink of an eye, faster than I could register, full lips crashed into mine, a wave of pleasure surging my soul as the rampant emotions clamped down on my logic and cynical mentality. My arms were pinned down against the floor as I stared up stiffly at the girl's face. Her eyes were closed but tears were visible, dripping down onto my cheeks, making me feel like a villain.

Normally, I wouldn't mind being called evil, bastard, bitch, motherfucker, fucker or any combination of curse words really. I rarely found myself feeling even a tinge of remorse or guilt when doing 'non-legally abiding' things otherwise known as 'stabby burny fun time' among other nicknames.

Yet, these few tears really made me feel like a right cunt. A real piece of shit and a half. A true blue bastard.

Our lips broke apart, the last string of saliva between us snapping,"Please...Don't leave."

Vulnerable.

She looked so vulnerable.

Go on. You could stab her in the back right now. Crush her throat. I doubt she'd even resist. You despise this curse don't you? You never wanted to fall in love with a human, right? You remember what happened with Lucius oh so clearly, don't you?

I wordlessly moved my hands towards her neck.

1000. There were a thousand ways I could end her life right now.

I picked option 1001.