Kaiser Rhode

"Just what kinda weird spells do you have?" Charlie quipped in curiosity, looking down at the world below in novel satisfaction.

"Trade secret." I replied with a smug grin, leading to her groaning,"This again with the trade secret bull! When do I get to know trade secrets?"

"When I feel the time is right." I gave a very vague statement, knowing that if I ever gave an actual date, she would most definitely remember it as if her life depended on it.

"You sound like those old magisters in novels who know everything but die before they reveal anything at all."

"I suppose you're cursing me to die then?"

"N-No! God dammit Artemis, stop twisting my words!" She hit my arms like a little kid throwing a temper tantrum.

"Careful you don't hit too much. I might drop you. Lord knows what happens then." I remarked in a half menacing teasing half tone.

She grumbled in discontent, muttering to herself,"Is this how youngsters are supposed to treat their elders? Is this how girlfriends treat each other? Where has basic courtesy gone? Is chivalry dead?"

"Yes. Yes. Courtesy is reserved for those who are deserving of such. I'm female," I fired back at her immediately,"Oh? Is that the place we're heading?"

Finally, having flown for over half an hour, I spotted a vague city before me just after the large bits of farmland,"Ah! Yes! That's the one!" Charlie nodded vigorously, kicking her legs in excitement, making me wince,"Careful woman! I'm fragile luggage."

"Fragile my ass! C'mon! Hurry!" She slapped my arms, as if willing me to speed up.

With a exasperated sigh at her childish attitude that persevered through the years, I sent more mana into my wings, quickening my pace.

Houses like little bricks stacked atop each other to build tall buildings, small orangey-yellow lights glowing in each small window. As we cleared the rural area and got to a more urbanised portion, the buildings were more and more condensed, densely packed together, several oddly shaped edifices standing out from the tall crowd that was packed to the brim like sardines in a can.

And at the middle of it all, on what seemed to be an artificially heightened hill, rested a proper castle. A pure white exterior and pointed blue roofs, a canopy of vibrant green trees seemingly grown to accent and bring out a contrast of colours but not to the point where it would overpower and dull the castle.

(A/N: Neuschwanstein Castle, the best one I could think of to represent the actual place. Though it's surrounded by buildings than rather than greenery in the IRL castle I used to depict.)

"Here we are

"Here we are. The Monarch Alcazar, my childhood home." Charlie spoke softly, heavy reminiscence lacing her tone.

Just as I was about to land, I heard a loud voice boom,"Outsiders! I do not know why you have invaded my, Rhode Empire's territory but leave now or you will face the full wrath of my, Kaiser Rhode's army!"